TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
Sorry this is not exactly application related but here goes -
I went to a law firm's open day in early January (travelled from the North to London). It's been 2.5 months but I haven't been reimbursed yet even though I've asked for updates twice. I would've let the reimbursement go but it was £100 which is like half of my monthly income 😭

How long does it usually take law firms to reimburse for an open day? It just seems like it's been too long and now following up again sounds extremely rude

• Wow
Reactions: drowsybeige

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2023
I went to a law firm's open day in early January (travelled from the North to London). It's been 2.5 months but I haven't been reimbursed yet even though I've asked for updates twice. I would've let the reimbursement go but it was £100 which is like half of my monthly income 😭

How long does it usually take law firms to reimburse for an open day? It just seems like it's been too long and now following up again sounds extremely rude
Not rude at all. Email them again. Ridiculous to keep you waiting that long.

Reactions: Bubbles

Seven

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022

Is this Simmons and Simmons by any chance? I had them take 2.5 months before the payment came through also. I followed up every 2 weeks, I don't think it is unreasonable. They should give you a timeframe. Have you tried calling as opposed to emailing?

• Wow
Reactions: Alison C

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
Is this Simmons and Simmons by any chance? I had them take 2.5 months before the payment came through also. I followed up every 2 weeks, I don't think it is unreasonable. They should give you a timeframe. Have you tried calling as opposed to emailing?
It's not Simmons and Simmons, it's CRS however I've noticed almost all law firms I went to for open days took at least a month and a half to reimburse. This one has been the longest so far hahah.
I agree about the time frame thing.
I'll email them again. I wanna apply for a TC there which is what is holding me back from calling because I don't wanna come across as rude or something in case it reflects badly afterwards. If it had been a firm that I know I'm definitely not applying to, I think I wouldn't have a problem with calling or sending like a more blunt email (have done this once before 🤣)

Reactions: Seven

RK444

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 4, 2021
mayer brown pfo post tests (confused because i got above average in nearly every section but onwards and upwards i suppose)
Hey, I’m still waiting to hear back post tests but I also got above average in every section so confused too. I’ve not managed to secure a VS despite attending 3 first year schemes, strong academics and being a brand ambassador for a law firm. Feeling demotivated as I felt my applications were strong…

• 🤝
Reactions: newtothis

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

These processes can be exceptionally slow unfortunately. Do persevere with the firm and explain to them that the £100 is a lot of money to you right now and so you would be grateful if it could be reimbursed soon.

Reactions: Bubbles
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.