TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtothis

Star Member
  • Jan 2, 2022
    It’s worth remembering with Shoosmiths that even if you don’t get the placement you will still be considered for their TC.

your chances of getting the TC AC are higher than the placement anyway. On their open day brochure it states:

‘ It’s possible to be unsuccessful for a placement (we only offer approx. 45 places) but successful for an assessment day for a training contract (we offer approx. 170 places on the assessment centre). Submit by 31st January 2023.’

also remember that the 45 places is spread out across ALL their regional offices, not just London.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    It’s worth remembering with Shoosmiths that even if you don’t get the placement you will still be considered for their TC.

your chances of getting the TC AC are higher than the placement anyway. On their open day brochure it states:

‘ It’s possible to be unsuccessful for a placement (we only offer approx. 45 places) but successful for an assessment day for a training contract (we offer approx. 170 places on the assessment centre). Submit by 31st January 2023.’

also remember that the 45 places is spread out across ALL their regional offices, not just London.
    Yes shoosmiths give out minimal places for VS. Most firms have around double their TC intake on VS, whereas Shooy seems only to take in for VS what they would for TC.

• 🏆
    Reactions: LS_1998 and newtothis

Application10203949

Standard Member
    Feb 6, 2023
    @Jessica Booker - What should you do if you just don't hear back from a law firm re the outcome after an AC (been close to 2 months). I had emailed after 4 weeks asking and they mentioned they were still be collecting feedback. Last week we arranged a call and they never phoned. I am sure it will be a rejection but would be good to have closure especially after all the time and effort invested into the whole process...

Reactions: Ali A

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker - What should you do if you just don't hear back from a law firm re the outcome after an AC (been close to 2 months). I had emailed after 4 weeks asking and they mentioned they were still be collecting feedback. Last week we arranged a call and they never phoned. I am sure it will be a rejection but would be good to have closure especially after all the time and effort invested into the whole process...
    I would call them/email them again, especially given the call did not happen. You can ask for them to send confirmation via email if it is that they will not be offering you a position.

Reactions: Application10203949

CorporateCrocodile

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 21, 2022
    Is it worth applying for US law firms direct TC applications like Weil, Goodwin and Orrick. Has anyone had any luck with these direct TC applications.
    Second this. I know Orrick and Goodwin have a pretty consistent direct TC intake. Weil appears to be, for all intents and purposes, a sole recruiter from its vacation scheme despite having a direct TC option, however, if anyone has info to the contrary I'd love to be proven wrong as I'd really like to apply in the summer!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.