TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM23

Esteemed Member
Dec 10, 2022
I would be very grateful for some advice regarding Summer Vacation Scheme Placements. I am fortunate enough to have been offered a vac scheme place for this summer at one of my favourite firms but following this I have received interview-stage invites at two other firms. However, their vac scheme dates overlap with the Vac scheme place I already have been offered (and accepted). Is it still worth pursuing the interviews from these other two firms even though I would be unable to accept them? I am currently studying for summer exams and a little worried about the time I may potentially be spending preparing for interviews versus revising for exams.
You may be able to ask to be put on the direct tc list but any interview experience at that stage would be good!

Reactions: rosec

EM23

Esteemed Member
Dec 10, 2022
Does anyone know how many of Farrer & CO’s vac scheme places transfer to training contracts? I know legal cheek says 12 and I remember grad rec saying they recruit 13 but they didn’t specify if that was for vac schemes only or that figure was direct tc and vac scheme combined

UnTCSilVousPlait

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    Does anyone know how many of Farrer & CO’s vac scheme places transfer to training contracts? I know legal cheek says 12 and I remember grad rec saying they recruit 13 but they didn’t specify if that was for vac schemes only or that figure was direct tc and vac scheme combined
    The trainee numbers are usually all vac schemes + direct TC conversions combined.

Reactions: EM23

Eileen

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 1, 2022
    Hello everyone I was joking… Shoosmiths have not got back yet👍❤️
    this is such a strange and unhealthy thing to 'joke' about tbh - especially given how people are really anxious when waiting for an outcome after having spent weeks applying/interviewing... it only adds to people's post-application/outcome anxiety...

Out of interest, has anyone doing the Linklaters summer vac scheme heard back about which of the dates they'll be attending? I haven't heard anything since expressing my preferences last month, so wanted to check that I hadn't missed anything! It would be helpful to hear soon from a planning perspective.

Reactions: Seven and gw9

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    Dear forum members… I sincerely apologise for my joke. I regret it. I will delete my tcla account later today as retribution. I do not deserve to be on this platform. I wish you all the best.
    It's okay mate, I think your apology will suffice for everyone. You don't need to delete your account and it would be a shame if you did so.

jnice

Distinguished Member
    Nov 19, 2020
    Out of interest, has anyone doing the Linklaters summer vac scheme heard back about which of the dates they'll be attending? I haven't heard anything since expressing my preferences last month, so wanted to check that I hadn't missed anything! It would be helpful to hear soon from a planning perspective.
    I think they are most probably focusing their attention on the upcoming spring vacation scheme.

Eileen

Standard Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 1, 2022
    Dear forum members… I sincerely apologise for my joke. I regret it. I will delete my tcla account later today as retribution. I do not deserve to be on this platform. I wish you all the best.
    Hey it is all good, no need to delete your account! you have sincerely apologised and have clearly reflected on it - no need to dwell on it further!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    There is no need to do that. Please continue posting and benefitting from the wider TCLA community. Just be mindful that attempts of humour like this can trigger anxiety or worry in others as they wait to hear back from a firm. Therefore it's best to avoid joking about receiving offers if this is not the case.

Humour is very much welcomed here but it is important to think about how presenting false information might be perceived (it isn't obvious it is a joke) and also how it contributes to the integrity of the information shared by the community.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.