TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elingcp

Feb 9, 2023
I would be very grateful for some advice regarding Summer Vacation Scheme Placements. I am fortunate enough to have been offered a vac scheme place for this summer at one of my favourite firms but following this I have received interview-stage invites at two other firms. However, their vac scheme dates overlap with the Vac scheme place I already have been offered (and accepted). Is it still worth pursuing the interviews from these other two firms even though I would be unable to accept them? I am currently studying for summer exams and a little worried about the time I may potentially be spending preparing for interviews versus revising for exams.

Reactions: Cryingtiger

trainee2025

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
I would be very grateful for some advice regarding Summer Vacation Scheme Placements. I am fortunate enough to have been offered a vac scheme place for this summer at one of my favourite firms but following this I have received interview-stage invites at two other firms. However, their vac scheme dates overlap with the Vac scheme place I already have been offered (and accepted). Is it still worth pursuing the interviews from these other two firms even though I would be unable to accept them? I am currently studying for summer exams and a little worried about the time I may potentially be spending preparing for interviews versus revising for exams.
You may be able to ask to be considered for a direct TC instead depending on the firm

Reactions: Elingcp

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Is it bad or is it still ok to state in an application that you spoke to an associate in the firm but that associate has now moved to another law firm. In your answer to why you are interesteed in that firm. Is it bad and will your answer look weak or is it still okay.

rosec

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2022
    Is it bad or is it still ok to state in an application that you spoke to an associate in the firm but that associate has now moved to another law firm. In your answer to why you are interesteed in that firm. Is it bad and will your answer look weak or is it still okay.
    You spoke to them when they were at the firm and that shaped your interest in that particular firm so in my opinion it shouldn’t really be a problem

• 🏆
    Reactions: Asil Ahmad and newtothis
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.