TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilli

Star Member
Jan 16, 2021
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what are people’s thoughts on accepting an Easter Vac Scheme if you have accepted another in summer? If you accept a TC from the first one, are you still able to complete the summer one and potentially change your mind? Thanks!

Last edited:

Law1099

Valued Member
Jan 18, 2021
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but what are people’s thoughts on accepting an Easter Vac Scheme if you have accepted another in summer? If you accept a TC from the first one, are you still able to complete the summer one and potentially change your mind? Thanks!
You can’t sign a contract and then do a vac scheme elsewhere. I know some people who have asked the tc they got at Easter to give them an extension to make the decision but not all firms say yes

Tt-law

• Mar 15, 2022
    Burges Salmon AC 🥳🥳 First ever AC I’m so excited!!
    Hi, I hope this msg finds you well! I am going to have an assessment centre in Bristol office by the end of April and I wonder if you can give me some tips and advices on what to expect, the kind of questions and what do you feel that made you stood out to the firm and how to stand out? Anything appreciated @arfrometa1 ! Thank you in advance!

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    I did my VI 12th December😭, they confirmed 6th March that they are still going through VIs and will get back to us in next few weeks😩
    Very strange, I did mine on the 12th of January and they got back to me with a PFO on 15th of Feb. It was a month turnaround for me. Maybe it's a good sign and you are being considered?

Reactions: jessicamcnamara

rosec

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 25, 2022
    I do know of one person who has gotten the VS at Mishcon and others who have received PFOs. Maybe the silence means you are borderline and still being considered?
    oh okay thanks that's interesting to hear!! It's felt like radio silence for me and I know there's a lot of us still waiting on here so hopefully they get back with an outcome soon

jessicamcnamara

Esteemed Member
    Jan 17, 2022
    I
    Very strange, I did mine on the 12th of January and they got back to me with a PFO on 15th of Feb. It was a month turnaround for me. Maybe it's a good sign and you are being considered?

I do know of one person who has gotten the VS at Mishcon and others who have received PFOs. Maybe the silence means you are borderline and still being considered?
    I really hope so, thank u for the positivity🙏🙏🙏

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.