Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know if there are rankings for reserve spots for VS? As in if a spot for the VS opens up they’d give it to x candidate over y
There is usually some form of order - what that order could be could be based on a whole load of factors though. You could ask the firm where you are placed in the reservation list though.

Ambs123

Legendary Member
Feb 19, 2021
Hello everyone, I want to ask if anyone has previously applied to Accutrainee for a training contract or as a paralegal? 😊
I applied for accutrainee for a TC and it wasn’t a great AC. They really belittled me and made me feel silly throughout the final AC. You may have a different experience, but I’ve heard several people have the same experience as me

jamesbaillie

Star Member
Jan 31, 2022
I emailed mishcon and they said 'Outcomes for the Summer Vacation Scheme will be communicated next week.'

I haven't heard back post-VI so assuming they are telling people post-AC if they got it or not.. and have just not bothered rejecting people post-VI...

em101213

Standard Member
Feb 21, 2023
I emailed mishcon and they said 'Outcomes for the Summer Vacation Scheme will be communicated next week.'

I haven't heard back post-VI so assuming they are telling people post-AC if they got it or not.. and have just not bothered rejecting people post-VI...
I just got an invite for an AC for the summer vac scheme and the dates are until may, so maybe they meant outcomes for the next stage

BeGrateful.101

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 1, 2021
    Does anyone know how many training contract places does mishcon offers?
    I think 25 per year according to their website

How many training contracts do you typically offer each year?​

We will be offering up to 25 training contracts from the 2023 Vacation Schemes.

Frequently Asked Questions | Graduates (mishcon.com)

But on Chambers Student - it says 45 trainees across 2 years.

Mishcon de Reya LLP - True Picture - Chambers Student Guide

CS: Are you looking at growing trainee numbers?

SK:
    We don’t have a fixed number of trainees. We have a maximum number we can take, but there’s always flexibility. Say we’ll take 20 in August: if we have 19 and we have a borderline candidate we're not sure is ready or quite the right fit, we won’t take you just to hit 20. But if we already have 20 and you’re exceptional, we can take 21.

Across the two years, we currently have approximately 45 trainees. We’ve also got solicitor apprentices and a pipeline of talent. Some of our current trainees are former Mishcon paralegals.

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    I applied for accutrainee for a TC and it wasn’t a great AC. They really belittled me and made me feel silly throughout the final AC. You may have a different experience, but I’ve heard several people have the same experience as me
    Thank you so much for your reply, oh my. I’m really sorry that happened. I applied for a paralegal remote role after attending the Legal Cheek which I got a response from but I have done a lot of research because they ask for a copy of our passport and our national insurance number which is something I’m not entirely comfortable about because I’m a positive person but essentially what happens to the key documents that I have provided if I don’t get past the video interview stage. I also could not find any individuals on LinkedIn who was associated with the company from the temporary remote location I applied at. It all seems to be London but I cannot find much about the organisation either. I was really glad to have heard back but i also saw similar reviews to yours on indeed too and I’m cautious and weary about a few things.

Did you also share a copy of your passport and national insurance number with them even before being accepted? It’s just a video interview but I’m unsure why I need to share anything yet

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Thank you so much for your reply, oh my. I’m really sorry that happened. I applied for a paralegal remote role after attending the Legal Cheek which I got a response from but I have done a lot of research because they ask for a copy of our passport and our national insurance number which is something I’m not entirely comfortable about because I’m a positive person but essentially what happens to the key documents that I have provided if I don’t get past the video interview stage. I also could not find any individuals on LinkedIn who was associated with the company from the temporary remote location I applied at. It all seems to be London but I cannot find much about the organisation either. I was really glad to have heard back but i also saw similar reviews to yours on indeed too and I’m cautious and weary about a few things.

Did you also share a copy of your passport and national insurance number with them even before being accepted? It’s just a video interview but I’m unsure why I need to share anything yet
    Asking for a NI number and Passport is very common if you register with a recruitment agency.

You can ask them what their data retention policy is, but they will be storing it in some form of digitally secure way.

Reactions: Sunshinepink
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.