TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

di

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
How long does it usually take for a firm to come back to your with an outcome following a summer vacation scheme? Grad rec said “a few weeks” but trainees at the firm said that people usually hear back within a week 😩

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
How long does it usually take for a firm to come back to your with an outcome following a summer vacation scheme? Grad rec said “a few weeks” but trainees at the firm said that people usually hear back within a week 😩
I think it depends - I've had to wait over a month before for a rejection, but it sounds like they'd been deciding that whole time. I've also spoken to people who finished on a Friday and got an offer the next Monday.

wz_13

Distinguished Member
Jan 3, 2023
Has anyone applied or know anyone who has done the apple legal internship with aspiring solicitors? If yes i would be very grateful to ask a couple questions/ guidance about the application form 🫶🏼

erin1009

• Feb 10, 2022
    Hello Everyone!

This is a question for anyone and everyone. While I am embarrassed to admit this, I really need help. I am absolutely hopeless when it comes to numerical reasoning so much so I would rather not apply to a firm who requires them because I know I will fail it. How do I practice these tests? Does anyone have resources or know of where I can finally figure out how to do them. I really want to start now so by the time the next application cycle comes I can confidently attempt them.

ANY help is seriously appreciated!☺️

Kind regards,
    Erin

• 🤝
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    Hi, is anyone else on the legal cheek virtual summer vacation scheme who has notes on today’s session on risk and insurance? I can trade you notes from any of the other sessions. Please PM me! 🙏

M0M007

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 6, 2023
    Does anyone have notes they can share on the Legal Cheek session on the relationship between in-house and private practice? My internet kept going off. Thanks !

Untilwinter

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 21, 2020
    I am graduating this year and I havent secured a TC yet. I know people have been self funding their LPC in some cases but with the SQE now is it possible to self fund and do SQE without the firm? Or do law firms not want their future trainees to do SQE on their own?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I am graduating this year and I havent secured a TC yet. I know people have been self funding their LPC in some cases but with the SQE now is it possible to self fund and do SQE without the firm? Or do law firms not want their future trainees to do SQE on their own?
    Yes, you can self fund. It won’t be any different to the LPC.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.