TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

os111

Jan 22, 2023
Does anyone know what the application questions are for A&O WVS application? I have just submitted my app but there was no section for the written questions - I checked the form but am worried I've somehow missed them?

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
Does anyone know what the application questions are for A&O WVS application? I have just submitted my app but there was no section for the written questions - I checked the form but am worried I've somehow missed them?
apparently, there are no written app questions but there will be video questions and an SJT. check the A&O website, the details are there the last time I checked.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 19, 2023
There are no written app questions.

They have been replaced with 2 VI Qs. You will have unlimited time to prepare the response and you have 2 mins to answer.

You also complete an SJT before the VI, which is untimed, but you must have a camera on when completing.

Reactions: os111 and Tintin06

M0M007

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Apr 6, 2023
There are no written app questions.

They have been replaced with 2 VI Qs. You will have unlimited time to prepare the response and you have 2 mins to answer.

You also complete an SJT before the VI, which is untimed, but you must have a camera on when completing.
What kind of questions are the VI like?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If I have TC can I acept it and then apply to more firms for their direct TC?
On a moral level, you should really be withdrawing from other processes.

However, plenty of people do carry on applying to see if they can get an offer that is better for them.

Just be mindful that as soon as you accept any support from the firm, whether that be financial or onboarding processes for sponsored courses, it will be very difficult to back out of without having to pay them back immediately (and it isn’t as straight forward as your next firm paying the first firm back either).

• 🤝
Reactions: LS_1998

lawyer256

Star Member
Nov 20, 2022
On a moral level, you should really be withdrawing from other processes.

However, plenty of people do carry on applying to see if they can get an offer that is better for them.

Just be mindful that as soon as you accept any support from the firm, whether that be financial or onboarding processes for sponsored courses, it will be very difficult to back out of without having to pay them back immediately (and it isn’t as straight forward as your next firm paying the first firm back either).
What do you mean on a moral level?

Marissa

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jun 25, 2020
What do you mean on a moral level?
I think it could be seen as not acting in good faith. Also the TC position that you initial accepted but reneged on could have been offered to someone else (who perhaps was more committed to that firm). Someone else probably got PFOd when you accepted that offer so won’t be fair to them. I heard that some firms do not like interviewing candidates who have already accepted TCs with other firms.

Reactions: LS_1998
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.