TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
Is there anyone who got offered a TC with Macfarlanes this week who is still waiting on an email with the official offer letter? I think they said this would be sent by the end of the week but I’ve not received anything yet… 😕

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    does anyone know what Ashurst asks in their app?
    EDIT:

Please use this section to tell us about yourself, your skills, achievements and why you want to train as a solicitor and work at Ashurst. (750 words max)

Tell us in 250 words why you are applying to Ashurst and what you know about the firm. (250 words max)
    -

In 250 words tell us what a commercial lawyer does. (250 words max) *
    -

Last edited:

MegH

Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 13, 2020
    Hi, I am looking at the Ashurt Winter vac application. Is there any advice for the following question;

Please use this section to tell us about yourself, your skills, achievements and why you want to train as a solicitor and work at Ashurst. (750 words max)

There is another 250 word question on why Ashurt and I am just wondering if there is a structure people find useful to hit all the key points.

Thank you in advance!

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    Hi, I am looking at the Ashurt Winter vac application. Is there any advice for the following question;

There is another 250 word question on why Ashurt and I am just wondering if there is a structure people find useful to hit all the key points.

Thank you in advance!
    I managed to fit in two points in the 250 word question. Firstly/Secondly starters.
    I've seen various successful approaches to this that focused more on your achievements. I tried to keep it fairly equal though.
    I kept the first question broken up like:
    a)
    tell us about yourself, your skills, achievements
    300 words
    b)
    why you want to train as a solicitor
    Note this is obviously commercial lawyer

c)
    work at Ashurst

Then I linked the points so it flowed much easier.

Reactions: MegH

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    Incoming 2025 trainee here. Reading the PGDL this year (23/24) and SQE next (24/25).

Now that I signed with my firm, I want to get some in-house experience as a summer law intern before I start.

Does anyone know where to find summer internships in house? Also, when would in-house firms begin posting for these types of internships?

I’m_Batman

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Aug 25, 2023
    Incoming 2025 trainee here. Reading the PGDL this year (23/24) and SQE next (24/25).

Now that I signed with my firm, I want to get some in-house experience as a summer law intern before I start.

Does anyone know where to find summer internships in house? Also, when would in-house firms begin posting for these types of internships?
    My experience with in-house firms (if they are not Big 4 Accounting Firms) is to contact the head of legal/general manager. Otherwise, you'll see job postings for Paralegal/Legal Assistants sporadically via LinkedJobs, Indeed, and other services. It's worth getting in touch with some recruiters and Flex Legal too.

Lawandmore

Sep 26, 2021
    Hey! I just wanted to post a quick message reassuring those of you applying for vac schemes / TCs that you can certainly achieve your goal. I also wanted to offer some assistance. I achieved BCC at A-Level, attended a non-Russell group university and graduated with a 2:1. I applied for TCs in my first and third years and received zero offers. I then began the LPC LLM and have just secured a TC at Osborne Clarke. I went from zero offers to being able to pass multiple stages of assessment and secure a TC at a top firm by learning everything I possibly could about the process.

If anyone is looking to apply to OC or wants help with vac scheme / TC applications more generally, please just send me a message. It took me a lot of time, research and conversations to learn how to pass all of the stages successfully, so if you think I may be able to help just let me know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.