Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
With some firms opening their applications for winter, spring and summer schemes in the coming weeks, we thought it was time to open a new thread for a new application cycle.

Please use this master thread to discuss anything related to vacation scheme applications for the 2022-2023 application cycle. This can include everything from application and interview queries to news from particular law firms.

If you want to check last year's thread you can find it here: TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2021-22 (#1)

Other useful threads can be found here:

Wishing everyone the best of luck for the upcoming cycle.

Thanks,

Jess

Erin

Legendary Member
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Operations
Jul 13, 2022
Good Afternoon All,

I hope you're all having a brilliant Monday!

I am delighted to announce that we will be hosting a free webinar on Thursday 18th August at 5:30pm: "Live Mock Interview: Learn From A Four Time Offer Holder!"

This is the first time we’ve ever run a live mock interview. And it’s a completely free webinar, open to everyone 😊

Have you ever wanted to witness a law firm interview? To learn about the types of questions that law firms ask? To watch a candidate answer those questions in real time?

This Thursday, we’ll be joined by four time offer holder and TCLA Mock Interviewer Chloe Temmerman. She will be interviewing a candidate live, asking questions based on real law firm interviews and providing actionable feedback.

You will come away with an understanding of how to improve the delivery of your interview answers, how to prepare for the hardest law firm interview questions and how to excel in your next law firm interview.

For more information on the webinar, the brilliant Chloe and everything that you'll take away from the session, check out this thread.

To Sign Up...

Simply register for free here and you will receive your Zoom link.

We really look forward to seeing you Thursday at 5:30pm 👋

Civ457

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Feb 7, 2022
are winter schemes more competitive than spring or summer schemes? i remember hearing in passing this was the case and wanted to know if it was preferable for me to wait for spring/summer vs rather than apply to winter ones?

SDD

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2020
Good Afternoon All,

I hope you're all having a brilliant Monday!

I am delighted to announce that we will be hosting a free webinar on Thursday 18th August at 5:30pm: "Live Mock Interview: Learn From A Four Time Offer Holder!"

This is the first time we’ve ever run a live mock interview. And it’s a completely free webinar, open to everyone 😊

Have you ever wanted to witness a law firm interview? To learn about the types of questions that law firms ask? To watch a candidate answer those questions in real time?

This Thursday, we’ll be joined by four time offer holder and TCLA Mock Interviewer Chloe Temmerman. She will be interviewing a candidate live, asking questions based on real law firm interviews and providing actionable feedback.

You will come away with an understanding of how to improve the delivery of your interview answers, how to prepare for the hardest law firm interview questions and how to excel in your next law firm interview.

For more information on the webinar, the brilliant Chloe and everything that you'll take away from the session, check out this thread.

To Sign Up...

Simply register for free here and you will receive your Zoom link.

We really look forward to seeing you Thursday at 5:30pm 👋
are winter schemes more competitive than spring or summer schemes? i remember hearing in passing this was the case and wanted to know if it was preferable for me to wait for spring/summer vs rather than apply to winter ones?
Would it be possible to record the webinars? I unfortunately don’t finish work in time to attend the webinars at 5:30😭😭

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Please could you send the link to the previous one if it’s still up in any of the previous threads?
Here it is:

We will be working on this over the coming weeks so hope to have an updated version soon!

Reactions: Sel and SDD

SDD

Standard Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 3, 2020
Here it is:

We will be working on this over the coming weeks so hope to have an updated version soon!
Thank you!! :)

law23

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Thanks for making this new thread! I've officially graduated from First Year Scheme threads to Vac Scheme (scary stuff!). I'm currently researching the law firms I'm wanting to apply to, trying to get ahead of the curve before uni starts. Any tips about what are the most crucial things to know about the firms other than locations, practice areas, main sectors and values?

YJ

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 16, 2021
    Thanks for making this new thread! I've officially graduated from First Year Scheme threads to Vac Scheme (scary stuff!). I'm currently researching the law firms I'm wanting to apply to, trying to get ahead of the curve before uni starts. Any tips about what are the most crucial things to know about the firms other than locations, practice areas, main sectors and values?
    TC structure, recent deals, office locations, geographical strengths, recruitment process/windows

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 11, 2021
    If I'm a final year law student, am I eligible to apply to Davis Polk? This is what their website says:

2023 VACATION SCHEMES:​
    "We will be accepting applications for our summer 2023 vacation scheme from penultimate-year law undergraduates and law postgraduates between 1 December 2022 and 7 January 2023".​
    OPEN DAYS:​
    "If you would like to find out more about Davis Polk and training with us, please join us for our Open Day for second-year law students and law postgraduates, (from 2 p.m. on Thursday 17 November 2022) by emailing [email protected] with a copy of your CV by no later than 4 November 2022."​

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If I'm a final year law student, am I eligible to apply to Davis Polk? This is what their website says:

2023 VACATION SCHEMES:​
    "We will be accepting applications for our summer 2023 vacation scheme from penultimate-year law undergraduates and law postgraduates between 1 December 2022 and 7 January 2023".​
    OPEN DAYS:​
    "If you would like to find out more about Davis Polk and training with us, please join us for our Open Day for second-year law students and law postgraduates, (from 2 p.m. on Thursday 17 November 2022) by emailing [email protected] with a copy of your CV by no later than 4 November 2022."​
    I think it is just badly worded. I can’t see why they would eXclude finalists from this group.

Probably worthwhile emailing them to check though.

Reactions: average_jo123

YMontgomeryWilliams

Premium Member
  • Aug 25, 2021
    Does anyone know if A&O application has opened yet.
    I saw on the Aogradsuk Instagram account that the Winter Vacation Scheme applications would open on August 22.

rayemuse

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 23, 2022
    Hi guys! I am currently planning my application strategy. Which firms place a lot of emphasis on good grades? My grade profile is generally good except for my recent one, 2nd year (low 2:1 avg) and I was wondering what law firms to avoid until I can get the grades up. For example I know Slaughter cares a lot about grades.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    I saw on the Aogradsuk Instagram account that the Winter Vacation Scheme applications would open on August 22.

Great spot! thanks for this!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.