Status
Not open for further replies.

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
In a Legal Cheek event and Hogan Lovells Grad Rec just said they're still reviewing applications and will be getting back to people within the next 2-3 weeks

WindowsUpdate

• Sep 28, 2022
    The way I'd approach this question is by doing the 50-50 split in word count and picking two headlining reasons for why you're applying to a TC at Skadden and why you're suited to the firm each.

For why the TC at Skadden, I'd almost pick one reason for what stands out about the TC to you and one reason for what stands out about the firm to you and ensure ➡️ that you back this up with grounded evidence of how you know this things matter to you (maybe through open days. a webinar, a recruitment event etc) and ➡️ why they are important to you and your career.

For why you're well suited to the firm, I'd look through their trainee competencies and pick those that you believe you possess ➡️explain how you have come to possess this competency ➡️and what impact it can have in your work at the firm (align it with the firm's values, business strategy etc.)
    Thank you so much for going into such detail with your reply, that is definitely very helpful!

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

oldafstudent

Premium Member
    Mar 4, 2022
    Just finished the Simmons test and got 3 for people skills but excellence in technical. Super confused by their questions. Someone above mentioned scoring low in Empathy in the Linklaters test. Does anyone know if this is really bad or if you can still get through. I know different firms will be looking for different things but was just wondering if anyone has gotten through in the past with a low score in their report in such areas.
    Same here. Which was somewhat unexpected as I have scored high in this type of area on other similar tests. I wouldn't sweat it. Clearly just the way they ask the questions. I believe this is their first year using this test?

oldafstudent

Premium Member
    Mar 4, 2022
    NRF telephone interview! Was wondering if anyone had any advice? The email said, "The interview will last no longer than 20 minutes and will be to explore your experience and motivations for applying."

Should I have specific NRF points prepared? The interview is in 2 days so not a whole lot of time.

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    NRF telephone interview! Was wondering if anyone had any advice? The email said, "The interview will last no longer than 20 minutes and will be to explore your experience and motivations for applying."

Should I have specific NRF points prepared? The interview is in 2 days so not a whole lot of time.
    Congrats! When did you apply for the vac scheme if you don’t mind?

Donuttime

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    May 17, 2021
    I was wondering if anyone can provide some clarity, wondering if @Jessica Booker is best suited to answer this

when a firm is non-rolling, how do they approach reading applications. Could it be the case they pick a handful to read, or just random selection. Thank u

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I was wondering if anyone can provide some clarity, wondering if @Jessica Booker is best suited to answer this

when a firm is non-rolling, how do they approach reading applications. Could it be the case they pick a handful to read, or just random selection. Thank u
    Unfortunately there are many different ways this can be done. Depending on the applicant tracking system, you can effectively sort applications by a whole load of different markers and review them in that “order”.

Reactions: Donuttime

zizszhplum

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 20, 2022
    @Jessica Booker @AvniD I was wondering if you guys could help with some advice - i am unsure whether or not to apply to Hogan Lovells for the winter vac scheme given that some people have already got to the AC stage? I can of course just apply to the summer vac scheme but just wondered what the chances were with a winter one?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.