TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pal22

Jul 9, 2021
Hi everyone

I am struggling to answer this question for the Baker McKenzie VS application - 'Law firms are all different - tell us about three things, that you feel differentiate Baker McKenzie from other leading firms and encouraged you to apply?'

Can anyone give any insight into what differentiates Baker McKenzie from other law firms?

Last edited:
Reactions: NaimK

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi everyone

I am struggling to answer this question for the Baker McKenxie VC application - 'Law firms are all different - tell us about three things, that you feel differentiate Baker McKenzie from other leading firms and encouraged you to apply?'

Can anyone give any insight into what differentiates Baker McKenzie from other law firms?
    - It has the largest team of M&A lawyers gloablly, so is really strong at transactional work. At the same time, it is also a full-service firm which ranks well across the board.
    - It has international reach with a swiss verein structure and constantly undertakes cross-border work.
    - It is a London firm with an exceptionally strong transatlantic presence.
    - The firm prides itself on being the first 'global law firm' and is therefore quite innovative.
    - It has heavily invested in D&I initiatives.

This is just a snapshot and you'd probably need to do a bit more research than this, but it's a start. Also, you'd want to try and talk about why any of these factors are important to you. If you are applying to the firm, you must have a reason that you've picked it over other law firms to apply to, so that's probably also a good start.

Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.