TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donuttime

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 17, 2021
I always hear about career-changers coming into law, but I rarely hear about those in the legal profession leaving law. What I do hear is PQE+ lawyers moving in-house.

I was wondering... is it common for qualified lawyers to career change aswell? does that happen often? feels quite rare.

Last edited:

F AJMI

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2022
Hi
I am currently applying for summer vaction schemes, and was wondering when answering commercial awareness questions, how important is it to link an answer to the firm.

If asked to discuss a business news story how important would you say it is to relate the answer to the firm.

edit
Is it also important for the business story you discuss to somehow have any legal implication.

Last edited:
Reactions: pfoapplicant

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
For the question “Please explain why you want to pursue a career as a commercial solicitor and why you would like to practice at Dechert”, is this asking why you want a long-term career at Dechert, rather than why you want to train at Dechert? Can I include reasons why I want to train at Dechert in my answer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.