TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
When firms state on their website that they recommend applying for a vacation scheme (instead of a training contract) if you haven't completed legal work experience, do they mean vacation schemes only? Or does work experience as a legal assistant, paralegal, inter etc. count?

Sorry, this has always confused me
definitely counts- in an interview they brought up my paralegal experience and asked why I didn't apply for a TC directly

• ℹ️
Reactions: bibss and Adrian_S

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
were you a normal applicant? I didn't know they'd even done ACs yet
I'm just completing their summer internship application, haven't submitted it yet.

I didn't know they've done ACs yet too. I've seen some LinkedIn posts on it and was a bit confused.

Last edited:

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
Has anyone heard anything after a recent JD interview? I interviewed on Wednesday and have not heard anything yet, ofc I know it is very early but other people seem to have heard within a day or two.

Samir_O

Legendary Member
Oct 5, 2021
Any tips for a successful application for DLA Piper's Summer Internship
Thank you!
I would also like to hear anyone's tips on the application question about a news story.. do you have to link your answer back to the firm? how would one structure their answer; a brief background detailing the story and explaining why the news story interests you - would that suffice?

Reactions: hanz123

traineedreamer

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Oct 23, 2019
I would also like to hear anyone's tips on the application question about a news story.. do you have to link your answer back to the firm? how would one structure their answer; a brief background detailing the story and explaining why the news story interests you - would that suffice?
Grad Rec said it's best to choose a story that genuinely interests you and that you don't have to link it back to the firm. They're really interested in why it interests you though so you should make sure to write enough about it!

Reactions: AvniD

oldafstudent

Premium Member
Mar 4, 2022
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has asked CMS how their seat options work? For example, if you applied to their Edinburgh location and hypothetically was offered a TC, would you be able to choose 1 seat in London? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.