Status
Not open for further replies.

B A

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Dec 4, 2020
I passed the benchmark last year when applying for the First Year Workshop, but didn’t get a feedback report. Unfortunately I did not pass the benchmark this year when applying to the vac scheme and I did get a report that time so maybe it’s only if you don’t meet the benchmark 😔

*Edit - the feedback report only tells you about your working style and how strong you are in different areas such as leadership; there’s no feedback for the verbal reasoning section.
Last year I met the benchmark and did receive a feedback report, so idk how it works tbh

Tanyakaur11

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Jun 7, 2022
Hi guys I need a little bit of advice. I completed Herbert Smith Freehills test, but for some reason this hasn’t been recorded on the system and my application has been withdrawn. Do you think the HR team will be understanding if I explain this?

F a v o u r

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 4, 2021
    Hi guys I need a little bit of advice. I completed Herbert Smith Freehills test, but for some reason this hasn’t been recorded on the system and my application has been withdrawn. Do you think the HR team will be understanding if I explain this?
    Hi, I would say email them as soon as possible and explain the situation. If you have any evidence as well (maybe screenshots or emails) attach it to the email. HSF's grad rec team are very understanding based on my interactions with them. It is probably a technical error on their end. Good luck! :)

• 🤝
    Reactions: AvniD

Tanyakaur11

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 7, 2022
    Hi, I would say email them as soon as possible and explain the situation. If you have any evidence as well (maybe screenshots or emails) attach it to the email. HSF's grad rec team are very understanding based on my interactions with them. It is probably a technical error on their end. Good luck! :)
    Thank you! Luckily they have resent the test over

For the question “What are the top five skills you believe a trainee needs to be a successful commercial lawyer and why”, do I need to include examples of me showing those skills?
    Interesting - not sure I think it depends on the word count, strictly speaking it deviates from the question, I think show analysis of why you think they need it and examples of how it is used at that firm may be better away of answering it. so I think communication is key for a commercial lawyer because XXX as demonstrated by deal XX solicitors working on this deal would have needed to communicate efficiently with colleagues from X and Y country.....

(but again I am not 100% sure - this is just how I would approach it).

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Interesting - not sure I think it depends on the word count, strictly speaking it deviates from the question, I think show analysis of why you think they need it and examples of how it is used at that firm may be better away of answering it. so I think communication is key for a commercial lawyer because XXX as demonstrated by deal XX solicitors working on this deal would have needed to communicate efficiently with colleagues from X and Y country.....

(but again I am not 100% sure - this is just how I would approach it).

Thank you for your response - this is a good way of interpreting it! It’s 2000 characters, so not masses of space. I just don't want mine to stand out in the wrong way, if I haven't mentioned my skills, even if the question doesn't ask for them!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.