Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
PFO HSF Spring VI. They cited the fact I did not meet the benchmark for the test.

Funny thing is, I was a "reasonable high performer" in all four categories.

Can someone assure me this isnt a mistake?
I suspect the “reasonable” maybe the reason here. The firm maybe look for high performers in at least one category.

Kelly_

Distinguished Member
Nov 9, 2020
I was wondering if anyone knew if NRFs summer scheme is strictly for penultimate and final year students or if graduates can also apply? The website says it's for students only and that the spring scheme is for graduates but I missed the deadline for this as I did not realise they split up the application windows for spring and summer schemes..

Was going to potentially ask grad rec but thought I'd ask here first.

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
I was wondering if anyone knew if NRFs summer scheme is strictly for penultimate and final year students or if graduates can also apply? The website says it's for students only and that the spring scheme is for graduates but I missed the deadline for this as I did not realise they split up the application windows for spring and summer schemes..

Was going to potentially ask grad rec but thought I'd ask here first.
I asked grad rec and they confirmed that the summer scheme is for penultimate year law and non-law students only. And if you are a finalist law/non-law or a graduate you can only apply for winter, spring or direct TC.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD and stone’sthrow

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    Does anyone have any tips for HSF's test?
    I’ve passed it for vac scheme and first year scheme by doing the practice test on their website and reading over the ‘what we look for section’, keeping the traits there in mind. Also do some general Watson glaser practice as well for the verbal reasoning sections

WAL007

Distinguished Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jun 19, 2022
    Hi Guys, I am currently applying to Gateley vacation scheme. In the preference page, there is a question which states Please explain the reason for your preference (100 words max) * - this is not one of the main application questions. I was wondering whether we need to go in detail in terms of this question?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi Guys, I am currently applying to Gateley vacation scheme. In the preference page, there is a question which states Please explain the reason for your preference (100 words max) * - this is not one of the main application questions. I was wondering whether we need to go in detail in terms of this question?
    What do they mean by preference?

Reactions: Elliem123

F99

Legendary Member
    Dec 1, 2021
    Just completed WG for Clifford Chance Training Contract and got confirmation that my responses were received. However, contrary to the instructions in the email I got from CC, I didn't have to log in to access the test nor did I have to answer any equal opportunity questions at the end. Is this just me/can someone pls confirm if they found the same?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.