TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saumya

Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2022
Regarding Gibson Dunn, I had a first stage interview this week and the Graduate Recruitment team said that whilst a decision on whether to progress your application or not to the second (final) stage will come within 1-2 weeks, the second round of interviews will not take place until the new year.
Hi, can you share your experience, any tips/advice for the same please

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
I have an AC with them because I went to their Open Day so I got to go through the fast-track process (for vacation scheme)
Have you heard more about the AC since applying? I also applied through the fast-track but haven't had anything back yet.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone, does anyone know if Womble Bond Dickinson recruits only via their vacation scheme? thanks!
I think you apply for a training contract, but do a week's vacation scheme as part of the process for the TC (by the looks of their website anyway). Their website really encourages you to contact them, so I would put a query in just to check.

Reactions: BeGrateful.101

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Yes, I have!

Does anyone have any advice for the game-based assessments? TIA.
    If this is for the Arctic Shores Assessment, the best advice I can give is to ensure you are taking it at a time where you feel mentally alert and then enjoy it as much as possible. There is very little preparation you can do. The firm I took this test for just wanted to understand my personality a bit more but I don't think they rejected anyone based off it. If this firm is going to reject you based off this test, it probably means they think your personality would not have fit into the firm. Either way, I wouldn't overthink it.

AmakaWrites

Jul 28, 2022
    Just failed to meet the benchmark in HSF verbal reasoning and SJT test. Does anyone here have any resources to share to practice these kind of tests? So gutted rn after submitting such a strong application :(
    Hey!

I'm sorry to hear this.

It costs money, but you can subscribe only for a month to get it, but the Commercial Law Academy has an amazing course on all psychometric tests, inc. WG, verbal reasoning and SJT. I went through it all, then sat and passed both HSF and CC's testing with high percentile scores. It WORKS!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.