TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
Hi guys
This is a stupid situation and I honestly don't know how this happened -
I submitted an application for OC yesterday but I've just seen that if I view it now, one of my answers (sector-based) is just gone. I'm 100% sure I filled the application fully and could also see it on the preview before submission. Pretty gutted about it because I feel like it's an automatic rejection now.

Is it worth emailing grad rec about this and what would I even say?

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Hi guys
This is a stupid situation and I honestly don't know how this happened -
I submitted an application for OC yesterday but I've just seen that if I view it now, one of my answers (sector-based) is just gone. I'm 100% sure I filled the application fully and could also see it on the preview before submission. Pretty gutted about it because I feel like it's an automatic rejection now.

Is it worth emailing grad rec about this and what would I even say?

Definitely! That's a pretty big deal and I suspect that if everything else in your application is filled out, they might wonder why one of your answers is missing. One thing I've learnt from numerous mishaps is that it's always worth reaching out to grad rec - hoping it works out for you :)

Reactions: Bubbles

jennifer

Esteemed Member
Oct 4, 2020
I noticed that BCLP changed the word limit of their app qs to more words after I submitted my app in early Oct.

I was wondering if it is worth emailing the firm asking if I would be affected as BCLP is really one of my dream firms and I managed to score critical thinking as my strength but still haven't heard from them since.

FutureLawyer99

Esteemed Member
Premium Member
Dec 28, 2021
I noticed that BCLP changed the word limit of their app qs to more words after I submitted my app in early Oct.

I was wondering if it is worth emailing the firm asking if I would be affected as BCLP is really one of my dream firms and I managed to score critical thinking as my strength but still haven't heard from them since.
I already emailed them about this and they said that my application wouldn’t be adversely affected by it. However, it may be worth emailing them about this explaining your situation because my situation was slightly different. I had already completed my interview with BCLP before emailing them. But, I doubt that your application would be adversely affected.

Reactions: jennifer

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
How many ACs does one have to go through before getting an offer? I know it's a silly question, but I just want to gauge my chances of success in my upcoming interviews. Thanks!
I don’t think there’s a particular amount at all- you can get it from your first one! Or you can get it from ur 6th. Think being prepared and adequate research is more the distinguishing factor. I got mine from my first

Last edited:
Reactions: GlorzG and bibss

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
I don’t think there’s a particular amount at all- you can get it from your first one! Or you can get it from ur 6th. Think being prepared and adequate research is more the distinguishing factor. I got mine from my first
Thanks for your reply! I just feel really overwhelmed as there's so much material to read and so many things to prepare for :eek: At the same time, I have a full time job and I also want to keep writing applications as I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. Hard times 😅

• 🤝
Reactions: Uvaia

aishaalexandra

Valued Member
Junior Lawyer
Aug 3, 2022
Thanks for your reply! I just feel really overwhelmed as there's so much material to read and so many things to prepare for :eek: At the same time, I have a full time job and I also want to keep writing applications as I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. Hard times 😅
Im the same! It’s unbelievably hard to balance a job with this all! But I think I generally found that reading for 1 helps with the others too, at least in terms of general commercial awareness etc as well! And don’t panic especially if it’s online! I put sticky notes up with important facts or info behind my computer as a prompt to help! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.