TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

babylawyerjo

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 17, 2022
Yep, me too. But when I log into my apply4law account it says that I have 2 outstanding tests. Just wondering if it's the same for everyone else or if they have accidentally assigned me 2 SSTs.
I got assigned two, I think it's because I listed their spring Scheme as my first choice and summer as the second choice.

can you let me know if grad recruitment replies to you after you contact them?

Reactions: Flavius Aurelius

pb15

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Dec 23, 2021
How can you prepare for a SJT? I feel like it's near impossible apart from looking at their values perhaps??

Also, I'm close to submitting my Kirkland & Ellis app. Does anyone know if there is a Watson Glaser test if I'm successful with the written application form?
if youre succesful at the application stage for Kirkland, then the next stage is a VI - they dont use WG test

mustardcustard

• Sep 10, 2021
    Hi! @Jessica Booker
    Not sure if this has been asked before but:
    1) I'm wondering if you (or anyone) knows whether we're supposed to attach a CV to a Freshfields TC application. The application page on the firm's website didn't mention CV, but on the portal you can attach your CV.
    2) If the answer to the first question is yes, I would very much appreciate some advice on how not to be repetitive to the work experience section (since there is currently a significant overlap between the content of my work experience section and my CV).

Thanks so much.

Reactions: cyberjaz1116

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi! @Jessica Booker
    Not sure if this has been asked before but:
    1) I'm wondering if you (or anyone) knows whether we're supposed to attach a CV to a Freshfields TC application. The application page on the firm's website didn't mention CV, but on the portal you can attach your CV.
    2) If the answer to the first question is yes, I would very much appreciate some advice on how not to be repetitive to the work experience section (since there is currently a significant overlap between the content of my work experience section and my CV).

Thanks so much.
    There is no need to do this. I think it’s just where their application system is used for other roles that don’t have an application form.

Reactions: cyberjaz1116

eleven14og

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    What was the Ashurst test like? I want to apply but I've heard its a weird test that only they use.
    I haven’t done it yet. That’s why I want to know how they weigh it so I can mentally prepare myself. I am struggling deeply with firms’ weird tests. My computer can’t cope with them and I always end up doing badly because of glitches :(

I applied last year and was invited to AC. The first test is like a mini game-based assessment, with questions like how to get from point A to point B with the least steps. The second test is to test emotional intelligence, asking what emotion the pictures show. I got around 60%-70% for both but I saw there are much higher scores on this forum last year. So I assume it may be just a bench mark? They didn't mention anything about the test results during the AC. Hope this helps!

• 🤝
    Reactions: stone’sthrow
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.