Status
Not open for further replies.

AK105

Esteemed Member
  • Mar 7, 2021
    @Jessica Booker

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for all your help so far.

During a video interview, would you recommend using the same answers to your application.

If an app answer literally answers the video interview question, is there really any point in changing your answer?

Regards,
    Rijul

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021
    Genuinely curious - how does Skadden decide if you 'score' high enough? I was extended offers to both their Open Day and Insight Evening and I referred to both in my application (and used the tips from them to apply). How do I make it to both of those but don't even get a TI for the Vac Scheme - what even is the point in extending me offers for the events then?

Spent so long on the application fml (inclusive of attending both events and traveling to London to attend in person)

Jul 23, 2022
    Genuinely curious - how does Skadden decide if you 'score' high enough? I was extended offers to both their Open Day and Insight Evening and I referred to both in my application (and used the tips from them to apply). How do I make it to both of those but don't even get a TI for the Vac Scheme - what even is the point in extending me offers for the events then?

Spent so long on the application fml (inclusive of attending both events and traveling to London to attend in person)
    Lmao brudda thinks he’s entitled to a VS for attending their open day 💀

your score just wasn’t as high as the others bro

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021

No I really don't - I meant I didn't even make it to a TI and it's frustrating

Is rudeness your best personality trait 'brudda' :) better things to focus your time on

Stasis

Distinguished Member
    Mar 14, 2022

Mate a lot of it is pure luck and depends on which grad recruiter is reading your app, how they're feeling, what other candidates there are in their pile etc.

Don't get hung up on it. The type of work you do at Skadden won't vary amongst the other transactional firms - you'll get something eventually.

spamelinazoid

Legendary Member
  • Dec 19, 2021
    Mate a lot of it is pure luck and depends on which grad recruiter is reading your app, how they're feeling, what other candidates there are in their pile etc.

Don't get hung up on it. The type of work you do at Skadden won't vary amongst the other transactional firms - you'll get something eventually.
    yeah I know, it's just always frustrating when you spend hours on something (and even travel for it) but oh well

1100 applications for 14 places is bound to be a trainwreck for most lol

• 🤝
    Reactions: average_jo123 and lawyering

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    I wonder who is reading these apps
    Word, tbh I sometimes wonder if it would even make much difference to the quality of some firms final intake if they randomly binned 50% of applications at first instance . Lots seem to have an absurd number of 1st class grads from top unis with lots of extra curricular

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021

You need to RELAX - we're here to support each other, not make each other feel even lower than the process already makes us feel. Just relax and have some compassion. It's a hard process and not everyone handles it in the same way

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022

I’m feeling the same - received offers to multiple events including in-person events, networked A LOT with people from my uni who are now training there, and had associates there tell me that I seem like the perfect candidate. I also think it was my best written application so far, yet I’ve received next stage invites from firms who seem equally as competitive, but for whom I was only 99% happy with my application before sending. Honestly quite upset and a bit confused. Just trying to move on by focusing on the other opportunities that I have been given. Really best of luck with your other applications :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.