TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibss

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Nov 28, 2020
Kinda losing hope, my second rejection. I don't know how to feel or what to expect from the rest of the firms :(
Don't get demotivated! The more applications you send, the higher your chances. The key thing in this process is to stay focused and motivated, your time will arrive! This is my 3rd application cycle and only made it to AC this year - 0 applications got past the application stage in my first cycle, 1 VI invite in my second cycle, and so far reached 2 ACs this cycle (with many rejections along the way too!). We believe in you 🤞 :D

hanz123

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 16, 2022
Don't get demotivated! The more applications you send, the higher your chances. The key thing in this process is to stay focused and motivated, your time will arrive! This is my 3rd application cycle and only made it to AC this year - 0 applications got past the application stage in my first cycle, 1 VI invite in my second cycle, and so far reached 2 ACs this cycle (with many rejections along the way too!). We believe in you 🤞 :D
Thank you I really appreciate it 😊

• 🤝
Reactions: bibss and ana33

jnice

Distinguished Member
Nov 19, 2020
I’ve got my first AC at the end of this month. Would be grateful for some tips on how to prep and build commercial awareness? I’m really nervous about it.
Watson’s daily, zip law, subscribe to tcla newsletters - I find them really helpful. Don’t just read articles/stories, think about how stories will be relevant to law firms and its clients.
How to prep - learn about the m&a process, how to finance a deal, what practice areas would be involved in deals and why. That’s all I can think of from the top of my head. Hope this helps!
Reach out to people who have done ACs at the relevant firm to find out the structure so you’re not surprised by anything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.