TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

owenjones99

Oct 2, 2022
I remember in the last 2 years they had ACs up until Feb. But I feel like they may have changed it this time :/
I completed WG a week ago too - expecting a PFO also but would be surprised because normally perform well on WG so idk wouldnt be so sure
yeah, I guess we can hope that it is going to be done in batches and that they will still progress people to VI and then hold further AC's in late Jan/ early Feb. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: Ali A and bhbuygu

gw9

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 28, 2022
has anyone heard back from slaughter and may summer vac scheme and applied in dec?
also anyone heard back from linklaters summer vac scheme and was not fast tracked?
If it helps, I haven't heard back for Linklaters summer VS yet despite being fast-tracked, so think they're probably still working on spring VS ACs. :)

(as in haven't heard back in terms of booking an AC)

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
yeah, I guess we can hope that it is going to be done in batches and that they will still progress people to VI and then hold further AC's in late Jan/ early Feb. Fingers crossed!
potentially, it is hard to say. I would have thought that they would progress people above a certain percentile and that wouldn't take long. Maybe they already have enough ppl from earlier applications.

futuretraineecity

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Mar 2, 2020
I completed the WG only a week or so ago but have not received any update since then. Presuming a PFO considering the AC dates are next week. On to the next!🥲

I remember in the last 2 years they had ACs up until Feb. But I feel like they may have changed it this time :/

They had dates up until February listed on the booking link earlier if that helps :) there weren’t any slots available for those ones but maybe they release those later on?

Reactions: bhbuygu

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 8, 2022
How many applications are you guys planning to send out overall?
I planned to do around 20 originally, I think ive done about 15 now but I have 5 or so interviews and 2-3 more psychometric tests to complete so it is now getting hard to balance interview prep/testing/applications and soon to be uni work. I will probably bang out a couple more so about 17 this cycle. If i dont secure VS itll be more TC apps lmfao

Reactions: law23

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    I hope so. I know CMS is rolling but a good chunk of applications would arrive in the final few days so they would be disregarding a lot of talent if they just PFO'd everyone.

l don’t think rolling deadlines are supposed to be advantageous for those applying earlier. I see it more as a relief for HR so they don’t have to screen hundreds of applications at once. Could be wrong though

Reactions: owenjones99

Ambs123

Legendary Member
    Feb 19, 2021
    I planned to do around 20 originally, I think ive done about 15 now but I have 5 or so interviews and 2-3 more psychometric tests to complete so it is now getting hard to balance interview prep/testing/applications and soon to be uni work. I will probably bang out a couple more so about 17 this cycle. If i dont secure VS itll be more TC apps lmfao
    ^ I agree - I’ve done around 13 apps, and when you start progressing it just becomes so much more stressful. I feel like I messed up a lot of my VIs because I had too many things to focus on at once.

Reactions: law23

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    Is this your first cycle?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi @Jessica Booker :) Just curious, but applied to BCLP in early October and haven't received a response. Would going to the open day in February make a difference now that my application has been submitted? I'd have to take annual leave, but would be really happy to do so if it could help progress my application.
    Have they invited you to the open day?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.