TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBestSolicitorInTheWorld

Distinguished Member
Nov 10, 2022
From the bottom of my heart, I cannot express how much I HATE numerical tests :(
If I wanted to do maths, I would be in STEM. The Simmons & Simmons test was so mathematical, I got so bored and I just did eenie meenie miney mo for the answers cause I genuinely did not want to have to do all the maths. And, it was long maths too like seriously I haven't touched a calculator since I was 16 (my A-Levels were essay-based), I chose law to get away from maths and yet here it is haunting me again. Why can't we just write an essay instead? That would be so much more fun!

lawyering

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 29, 2020
From the bottom of my heart, I cannot express how much I HATE numerical tests :(
If I wanted to do maths, I would be in STEM. The Simmons & Simmons test was so mathematical, I got so bored and I just did eenie meenie miney mo for the answers cause I genuinely did not want to have to do all the maths. And, it was long maths too like seriously I haven't touched a calculator since I was 16 (my A-Levels were essay-based), I chose law to get away from maths and yet here it is haunting me again. Why can't we just write an essay instead? That would be so much more fun!

Was it a timed test as well? If so, just another reason why these tests seems so pointless...

corporategirlie

Standard Member
Jan 5, 2023
hi guys,

freaking out a bit because I have a video interview for Dechert and this is my first video interview and the deadline is today. i saw that a few people had already also got the video interview and was wondering if anyone could tell me a bit more about what kind of questions they asked for interview.

thanks everyone and hope your application process is going well!!!!!!

yasmars

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2021
This is why I stayed far away from that firm

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.