TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

BetsyBoard

Premium Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    If you have applied to TLT, keep an eye on your inbox as they have had a technical blip, meaning they are now sending out the contextual forms :)! Today is the deadline so think they have to be completed today :)

Well done to everyone who's received a VI and AC today!!

Hi everyone!

Does anyone have any personal experience with either the Skadden TI or Latham VI? It’s my first time doing either of these for a law firm, so I’m feeling quite nervous for both. Any general/more specific advice would be hugely appreciated! Feel free to PM.

Edit: Latham is for Spring VS and I applied on 30/12 - I received the VI invite yesterday. Skadden is for the VS and I applied on 15/12 - I received the TI invite on 03/01. The TI is tomorrow.

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    @Jessica Booker or anyone else who knows!

Do recruitment teams view your VI in isolation to your application? I have a VI and on the application form I had to give an answer for ‘Why Commercial Law,’ ‘Why this firm’ etc

If they ask similar questions in an interview, is it okay to repeat my answers? should I give new answers? I don’t want to simply repeat myself but if they don’t look at your application again then I don’t see why not!

dctc

Premium Member
    Dec 22, 2022
    NRF AC invite! I have never been to an assessment centre before so I would greatly appreciate any info/guidance!
    NRF SVS AC! 🥳 🥳 If anyone has any advice/tips, please let me know! Thank you :)
    Hi- Congratulations! I was just wondering if you have been given a date for your AC? My interview scheduler doesn't seem to be working so just wondering how you navigated it/found out the date?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    @Jessica Booker or anyone else who knows!

Do recruitment teams view your VI in isolation to your application? I have a VI and on the application form I had to give an answer for ‘Why Commercial Law,’ ‘Why this firm’ etc

If they ask similar questions in an interview, is it okay to repeat my answers? should I give new answers? I don’t want to simply repeat myself but if they don’t look at your application again then I don’t see why not!
    It can be either way unfortunately - some will view it in isolation, and others will have your application form in front of them.

Reactions: bhbuygu

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Ah okay thank you, but if they do have my application alongside my VI then is it okay to repeat answers? or does that make me seem uncreative, generic etc
    It is ok to repeat the themes but I would try to go into more detail or try to present it in a slightly different way than just repeating the exact detail of your written application.

Reactions: bhbuygu

Highnumberofapplicants

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 18, 2021
    has anyone actually emailed DLA - I don't think portal updates mean anything
    “Hi,

Thank you for your email. It is great you have applied to our programme.

Candidates will be updated via email regarding any updates to their application. Please do not worry about the updates on the portal, this does not mean you have missed any communications from us.”

This is what I had got when I wrote to them regarding an update

Sachin Chandra

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Apr 16, 2020
    Is White & Case on a rolling basis? Their deadline is in 5 days and I don't know if I should give it a shot and write an app

Also if anyone has heard from them, please let me know so I can try and figure out if it's worth it
    I'm applying to them too. I'm not sure if it's rolling basis or not. Even if it is rolling then it's still worth a shot imo.

future.trainee

Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jun 21, 2022
    NRF AC invite! I have never been to an assessment centre before so I would greatly appreciate any info/guidance!

Hi- Congratulations! I was just wondering if you have been given a date for your AC? My interview scheduler doesn't seem to be working so just wondering how you navigated it/found out the date?
    Hey, congrats! Yes, my interview scheduler gave me 4 options for dates. They are all towards the end of this month

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.