TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

justhangingout

Distinguished Member
Oct 19, 2021
Not at all - very common for people to ask for alternative AC dates due to other commitments.

The worst that can happen is they say no, and then you could always ask the other firm to change instead.

Unless it is exceptionally late in the recruitment process or the firm is only running one AC date, it will be fairly easy to move someone across to an alternative date.
thank you so much! very reassuring before I ping out emails

Ameliaa

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 4, 2022
I would look at the firm's Chambers or Legal 500 rankings and see which other firms have a similar ranking - if these are either in the firm's core practice areas or in multiple practice areas, they are likely to be deemed a competitor. You could also see if they have been replaced on legal panels for major clients (these are sometimes announced in the legal press, although can often be behind a firewall/paid subscription like The Lawyer).
Thank you so much!

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
For those who received a Baker McKenzie VI, it says in the email the link will remain live for 7 days. Is that 7 days including the day the email was sent on? So if I received the email on 6 Jan at 19:10 would that take me to 12 Jan or 13 Jan? And would the cut off be 23:59?
Morning everyone, any thoughts on this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I submitted my VI for a firm, and then a couple of days later I received an email notification saying that my link had expired and asking why I didn't take the VI. Does this mean my VI did not submit?
Sounds possible - I would contact the firm to discuss this with them - a call might be better than email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.