Status
Not open for further replies.

lawyering

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Oct 29, 2020
Oh I'm not certain. Their website just says 'We normally expect candidates to be on course to attain a high 2.1 degree or better from a leading university'. I guess it's up to interpretation as to what a 'leading university' is. They encouraged me to apply with a low 2.1 from Oxbridge, so I guess both 'high 2.1' and 'leading university' are not set in stone.
Ah cool thanks for this!

• 🤝
Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

futuretrainee202X

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2022
Just to add a small point to this brilliant answer - IP can also increase the value of a start-up!

To quote from this article here -

A startup's worth is based on its potential to generate future cash flows, how much potential it has for future aspects, and keeping other essential factors constant. Apart from revenue generation, job generation statistics also matter. Investors believe that the startup they are investing in will grow to be a giant one day and that they will be able to make a profit of nearly ten times their initial investment. This risk allows them to stay competitive and keeps them in the play. Therefore, when valuing or comprehending startups, their prospects are perceived rather than the losses.
This is such a great article, thanks for sharing! I really enjoyed the read esp with the Asian lens on this issue.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
A
I guess something else you'd need to consider is whether the questions are the same. I imagine they might let you change what you're applying for if they are, but if not even the most considerate firm (like OC) might not be able to. I'd say definitely email them though!
Yeah, you're right, but pretty sure I typed up answers to the TC questions on Word initially then changed my mind to VS then made the mistake 🙈 Emailed this morning and hopefully hear back soon!

• 🤝
Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

sibs23

Legendary Member
Jan 15, 2021
Something similar happened to me with CC between the regular TC and their Legal Tech TC. I emailed grad rec right away, saying I submitted the wrong draft, but obviously the deadline had passed so they could not simply allow me to withdraw my application and apply again for the right vacancy. They answered saying that I should pass the WG first and that if successful they would then speak to the relevant team to see if my application could be transferred.

I passed it and emailed again, then they did not get back to me before rejecting my application a week and a half after. I emailed asking for which route it had been assessed, and they told me it was for the one I technically applied for, not the one I was actually going for. I asked if they could give me an answer from the perspective of the other route, and they replied extremely quickly with a second rejection, without addressing my situation but this time with saying, in a generic message, that I produced a solid app and should reapply next year.

The response was so fast that I have doubts on whether they actually went through my application again at all or not, it was quite late already in the recruitment process... Looking back, I should have called to check in much sooner and insisted more.

Obviously, no idea whether OC would have a similar approach, but hopefully, it goes better for you!
That's so disappointing! :( I emailed first thing this morning so hopefully it'll get sorted soon. The application questions were the same so I'm thinking it should just be a case of changing the application on the system. Fingers crossed 🤞

• 🤝
Reactions: Elsa3.1415 and yasmars

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
The other issue is you can only have one visa, and so the Tier 2/Skilled Persons Visa would have to be given up to work under another visa, meaning returning to the main employment would be particularly difficult/costly.
I have asked a GR team of a Firm, and they said I can do a vacation scheme, provided I take a break from my current job as a holiday. Also, The vacation scheme is not considered as a job (internship) because there is no pensions, and you just get paid without paying taxes or national insurance number.
This is what I have been told. The thing is that I am currently in AC stage with couple of firms, so it will be a problem if they don't accept me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.