TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

stone’sthrow

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Nov 9, 2019
    Didn't have a video interview, had to complete an application form with no questions but you'd be sent a test to complete with one written question at the end.
    Thanks,
    Was the test timed, and did the written question have a word limit? I am assuming you mean we have to type out an answer? Never done an exercise in a test like this before.

Reactions: hanz123

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    Thank you for your input @AvniD 😄 When you say the answer to the 1st question can be more generic, do you mean in the sense that it can simply be listing facts about the firm like it has X amount of offices, ranked Tier 1 in XYZ etc? I'm hesitant in my answer because it almost feels too simple? and I'm trying to figure out what they're looking for in a "good" answer for this, apart from showing research skills (I'm assuming).
    I wouldn't use this space to state facts, you're right, that would seem too simple. The goal should be to also interweave your efforts in researching the firm into your answer. So if you say you found ABC about the firm, elaborate on where you found this (an open day, their website, a law fair etc.) and why this stood out (no other firm is adopting this approach, tier 1 ranked, won awards for this etc.)

Reactions: WindowsUpdate
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.