TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Well I did think that too, but then thought, surely people must have mentioned it to them so why haven't they amended it? That's when my conspiracy theories started haha. Well done on passing the app stage! I've got a pretty strong feeling I won't have passed any. 😩
I applied about two months back, so I'm kind of surprised that the mistakes are still there then! But yes, at the time I was definitely contemplating sending them an email!

Thank you! I feel like you will pass some, for sure - just need to make sure that you explain your mitigating circumstances well! (For the ones that I explained slightly better, I have had more success! And I'm hoping for an even better conversion of app to next stage for the firms that I have explained them to completely).

Reactions: Tattyasha

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If a firm asks about a "business development opportunity", could this be something like a new client? Things like their sector offering, practice area offering, and tech solutions offering all seem really good, and I can't find obvious improvements other than an expansion of a sector or a new client. TIA.
@Jessica Booker would love your opinion on this :)
Is this is an application or an interview? If it’s an application, please can you share the full question.

Ali A

Legendary Member
  • Feb 28, 2022
    just finished my online voice interview for addleshaw goddard! was quite intense, but defo felt as though my confidence grew as i progressed through the questions :) now back to the assignments! there is no break when it comes to being a law student :(
    Can I ask how many questions you got and how long each one was and how long you had to prepare?

Thank you in advance.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.