Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker - with a case study written exercise, should we refer to current affairs? Or should we only use the information in the documents given to us?
It depends on what you are being asked to review/analyse. Some times external information is not required, in some instances applying market trends will be important. I would read the instructions carefully to consider what is appropriate.

Reactions: eric212

Chlo23

Jan 6, 2023
I'd personally try to focus on something unique first - think of any circumstances that you think very few people would have experienced. I don't think it really matters what it is, especially given the direction of it potentially being humourous.

Then I would focus the description on why it was challenging/humourous/otherwise (and if otherwise, define what the otherwise is very clearly), but then also have a reflective aspect of the situation, explaining what you learned/gained/took from the experience.
That's great, thank you!

Klawdabbe

Star Member
Junior Lawyer
Apr 9, 2022
I have an RPC AC on Wednesday, which I'm looking for some advice on.

There's a business case study, for which you have to produce a written argument before presenting your work to two people. And there's an interview consisting of competency, motivational and situational questions.

I'm not nervous about the first exercise. Everyone is given the same material and you just have to apply your critical reasoning.

But the interview sounds really demanding. According to previous TCLA posts it's over an hour long. Does anyone who has experience with RPC know particular questions they tend to ask? Or do others who have done ACs with other firms know the most common competency/situational/motivational questions (apart from why law, why this firm, example of juggling competing deadlines)? As you can probably guess this is my first ever interview with a law firm. Any help is appreciated.
Hi Good luck for the AC on Wednesday. Did you manage to get a response for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.