Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Anyone know if you can get adjustments where things that might impact your interview will be taken into account when the assessors are scoring your interview? Ie not something that can be mitigated against by set adjustments.
Feel free to PM to discuss the specifics of this, as it’s always a case by case basis as to what the adjustments need to be. It is highly unlikely you will get favourable scoring though and that an adjustment would need to be put in place instead.

AG2000

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 28, 2020
Just got a Goodwin interview - hour long on zoom!

Does anyone know if this is the final stage of the application, or if there is an AC after? I'm slightly confused as the website says something about a written task, but I haven't heard anything about that from Goodwin directly - is the written test the next stage post-interview (if successful)?
Do you think they are still sending offers? I applied late December, but haven't heard back yet.

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    Not at all. I understand completely. I’ve wanted to be a lawyer as long as I can remember. At 34 I’m still trying to get there. Believe me, I understand more than most what it’s like to feel embarrassed, undeserving or unworthy, especially when I stand in a room with my husband at some event (he’s a CFO) and all I get asked is “so what do you do?” I’m a mother to 3 under 4, just finished my degree from home and have two property renovations on the go yet I freeze and instantly feel I’m actually nothing, unemployed with no real prospects. So I answer “oh not much really, I’m just mum at the moment” and want the ground to swallow me whole.
    So I get it (and I’m working on taking my own advice 😉). You absolutely have this 💪🏻
    Without all the hardworking and loving mums in the world, there wouldn’t be many of us in this position (I certainly wouldn’t have the confidence if it wasn’t for my mum’s motivation and belief in me!). Don’t undermine the incredible resilience and patience it requires to raise 3 children AND apply for VS/TCs! We’ve all got this :)

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Anyone know if there’s a disadvantage in choosing a later AC date? I assumed not, but do any firms recruit like this?
    Firms will not run later ACs if they aren't needed - they don't like wasting their own time, let alone other people's.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123

legally.brown

Legendary Member
  • Sep 27, 2021
    I was wondering what the post-interview process is like. For example, after an interview with two partners, do they contact the grad rec to let them know if they liked the candidate they interviewed? and after interviews do grad rec members evaluate a candidate's application as a whole or just based on their performance at the interview?
    @Jessica Booker

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I was wondering what the post-interview process is like. For example, after an interview with two partners, do they contact the grad rec to let them know if they liked the candidate they interviewed? and after interviews do grad rec members evaluate a candidate's application as a whole or just based on their performance at the interview?
    @Jessica Booker
    Feedback will be collected, either through to set of individual feedback from each interviewer or the interviewers discuss and combine their feedback and send through to graduate recruitment.

9 times out of 10 there will be no need to review the application form or earlier assessments. However, if there is a slight concern raised by the interviewers, then the graduate recruitment team may go back and look through the rest of the recruitment process to see if there is any evidence to either verify that concern or alleviate it.

sdsou

Distinguished Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 31, 2021
    Hi all, i have a potentially stupid question. On All Hires application forms, they have this page between A-levels and Undergraduate, titled "Other Education".

This page states:
    Were you educated in UK? (Yes/No) Please note that it is not necessary to provide information here if you were educated in the UK. If your education took place outside of the UK please describe it here.

My question: does this page refer to GCSE/A-level education or Undergraduate education?

Thanks a lot for any insights!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.