TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

LJ

Distinguished Member
Oct 17, 2022
Anyone know what the chances are of obtaining a vac scheme if 1 spelling mistake is made during a written exercise at an AC? Will other candidates have made any mistakes as well? (This was 1/3 exercises btw)
Everyone will make mistakes at all stages, so I would try not to overthink it. I re-read my written work from an AC (which I got a VS offer from) and laughed at how bad it was! I also re-watched a VI I did and there were stutters, ermms, etc but still got an AC invite. They aren’t expecting perfection, especially when placed under the time constraints you are under. :)

Law Student

Distinguished Member
Dec 20, 2022
SPB digital assessment! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? Competency based, commercial based or situation based?

The digital assessment is in HireVue and the HireVue website says that the video interview can be taken with the camera off. This sounds quite strange so can anyone confirm if this is true.

Last edited:
  • 🏆
Reactions: latrecha and Ameliaa

Sarah T

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 9, 2020
    SPB digital assessment! Does anyone know what kind of questions they ask? Competency based, commercial based or situation based?

The digital assessment is in HireVue and the HireVue website says that the video interview can be taken with the camera off. This sounds quite strange so can anyone confirm if this is true.
    When they say the camera off - it means that it can darken your image on the screen so you can't see yourself when you answer. The camera is still on recording you but you are not looking at your face if that makes sense.

Reactions: Law Student
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.