TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyPursian

Nov 22, 2022
Hey all!

Anyone hear back from TLT following completion of contextual assessment in January?

Heard people got PFOs on 23/01/23 and others received AC offers already.

For context I've applied to the Spring Vacation Scheme at the Bristol offices.

Any update be appreciated!

Reactions: cr.02

BonanzaBih_

Esteemed Member
Jan 17, 2023
General thoughts on making a joke in an interview, if it comes naturally ofc? Or should I try and refrain?
I think it depends.
During my AC last week I was talking about team work and I mentioned my football team and made a joke about how we kept losing and it landed well so I think it depends on delivery and the vibe of the room! :)

Bubbles

Legendary Member
Jan 19, 2022
Hey all!

Anyone hear back from TLT following completion of contextual assessment in January?

Heard people got PFOs on 23/01/23 and others received AC offers already.

For context I've applied to the Spring Vacation Scheme at the Bristol offices.

Any update be appreciated!
I have a friend who applied for the bristol office and her AC is this Tuesday

Reactions: FluffyPursian

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    Hey everyone,

I was just doing some research on what topics to focus on for the commercial awareness part of the interviews and ChatGPT is quite a hot topic atm.

I just wanted to ask do you think that is a good topic for me to speak about? I am not sure on how to approach it.

If you could please let me know your thoughts that would be great :)
    Heya

I've personally been rinsing chat gpt for interviews and application forms because it's so interesting

Perhaps focus on chat gpt for lawyers/law, being a tool rather than something that can replace them

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jan 13, 2021
    Did Cooley get back to them yesterday when they said they would?

they definitely sent out WG tests yesterday but unsure if they’ll send out more. i think they did say in their initial holding email that everyone who gor through to the WG stage would be notified by 2 Feb (which was then pushed again to 3 Feb). hope you hear back soon :)

Reactions: Sachin Chandra

mdoeslaw

Distinguished Member
  • Jan 9, 2023
    Hey everyone,

I was just doing some research on what topics to focus on for the commercial awareness part of the interviews and ChatGPT is quite a hot topic atm.

I just wanted to ask do you think that is a good topic for me to speak about? I am not sure on how to approach it.

If you could please let me know your thoughts that would be great :)
    I think chatgpt is an interesting topic to talk about, it’s something I’m really fascinated about atm and since it’s such a hot topic I think it could be good!

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    What is a generally good rule of thumb to have on knowing when to contact graduate recruitment? I haven't heard back from CMS since the 24th of last year and when I contacted them on the 17th, they said they are still going through applications and will get back to me. I don't know whether I should send another email. I've also applied to 9 other firms across January and I've been thinking I should start following up (more so the early last month apps than the later ones).
    Hi, this isn’t an direct answer but was wondering what stage you were at? Someone on the forum said CMS have filled up all the AC spots but if they’re still processing applications then it’s worth reaching out to them to double-check :)

Reactions: Sunshinepink

Autotunedbird

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2021
    Hi, this isn’t an direct answer but was wondering what stage you were at? Someone on the forum said CMS have filled up all the AC spots but if they’re still processing applications then it’s worth reaching out to them to double-check :)
    Yeah, post application stage :( I don't know whether I should start considering this as a PFO now. Still going to email them though

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    What is a generally good rule of thumb to have on knowing when to contact graduate recruitment? I haven't heard back from CMS since the 24th of last year and when I contacted them on the 17th, they said they are still going through applications and will get back to me. I don't know whether I should send another email. I've also applied to 9 other firms across January and I've been thinking I should start following up (more so the early last month apps than the later ones).
    I don’t think there is an answer to this unfortunately. I wouldn’t follow up with firms if you only applied to them in January though. I would generally wait a minimum of six weeks before chasing up unless the start date is less than six weeks away.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone have any experience doing a Freshfields Vacation Scheme/ TC seat or know anyone who has any? Really torn with choosing my department preference: it's between Global Transactions- Corporate or the Disputes team for me but my gut is leaning more towards Disputes purely out of personal interests! I'm also scared that the Global Transactions seat might be too technical and financey! Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated
    Is this for a TC or a VS?

bhbuygu

Valued Member
  • Dec 23, 2022
    I don’t think there is an answer to this unfortunately. I wouldn’t follow up with firms if you only applied to them in January though. I would generally wait a minimum of six weeks before chasing up unless the start date is less than six weeks away.
    Hi Jessica, someone said that CMS have filled up all the AC spaces even though I’m at the post-VI stage. Can firms stop progressing applicants even if they’re at the penultimate stage or would they add more AC dates?

Reactions: Sunshinepink
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.