Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What would be considered poor? I was on the 9th percentile and I'm still trying to wrap my mind as to what this means (even after a previous member tried to explain it).
If you took a sample size of people who completed the test and your score was compared to that sample, your result will be 9th, with the 1st being the lowest result and the 99th being the highest result.

What you don't know is who you are being compared to though. It may not be your fellow applicants. It could be partners within the firm for instance.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What is a good percentile to be in for a solid WG test??
Typically anything above 65 is likely to be a pass. Firms tend to not have too high a benchmark (e.g. 80 percentile or above).

Some firms will have a pass rate mich lower than that - I have heard pass benchmarks of 17-18th percentile.

• ℹ️
Reactions: mdoeslaw

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Guys what type of phone number do firms call you with, I missed a private caller yesterday and I'm worried I ghosted a potential invitation haha
No set precedent here - could be a with-held number just due to their phone system, a landline number or a mobile number.

One of my major pieces of advice for anyone waiting for outcomes from interviews is to set up voicemail! They will leave a message but a crazy number of people have no ability to leave a voicemail message.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019

CallumJR

Valued Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
just got the call- DENTONS SPRING VACATION SCHEME offer!!! after 2 rejections in a row post AC this cycle, I was starting to doubt if i could land a scheme again and was losing confidence- just got to keeeep goingg
Huge achievement!!!!
I knew you had what it takes to secure that VS and I am sure you will convert it!

So happy for you 😘😘😘

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.