Not open for further replies.

Adrian_S

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Jan 13, 2021
Just bombed another VI!

However, I felt as if I gave my best shot and did the best I could with the questions that came up.

I hope I get invited to more as I can see myself improving gradually even though I am still struggling with VI's.

This is such a great way of approaching these challenges. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and grow. Hope you nail the next VI that comes your way :)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    I am still confused as to how Clyde & Co got everyone’s contact details to email you if people never applied to them.
    I had this issue last year with Bird and Bird and their system got hacked it might be that. Last year Bird and Bird said you got rejected from WG when I did not even do their test. Then a few weeks later they emailed me and said their system got hacked and my application was still being reviewed. It might be that.

CorpLawyer00

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Aug 8, 2022
    I had this issue last year with Bird and Bird and their system got hacked it might be that. Last year Bird and Bird said you got rejected from WG when I did not even do their test. Then a few weeks later they emailed me and said their system got hacked and my application was still being reviewed. It might be that.
    deffo a rival firm hacking them and rejecting all their talent

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    So glad I haven't received rejections from all the firms I opened apps for and never applied to. Before I found TCLA, I opened every app to see what the questions were, rather than asking someone on here. I'd probably have 50 rejections by now if every firm did this!!

Reactions: Sunshinepink

LJ

Distinguished Member
    Oct 17, 2022
    Does anyone know if completing the LPC before applying for a vacation scheme/training contract could make it easier to get one?

I ask this because my uni offers an MLAW course that people can do so instead of graduating this year, it’ll be next year but with the LPC qualification.

I don’t want to stay another year but I also don’t want to graduate and not have anything lined up. At the same time I don’t want to spend a year and get the LPC then I am unable to find a VS/TC or QWE so it means I have wasted a year? or should I just spend the time after graduation, working and trying to build up some experience? Or study the LPC whilst working (may be a challenge) I’m not sure, I would really like some opinions. Perhaps @Jessica Booker can share her thoughts? 🤍

thank you in advance!😊
    My thoughts are that you would gain more in a year of working than you would doing the LPC. A years worth of work experience in any field will give you a load of experience that you can draw upon in applications and interviews. It could be experience that separates you from another person with the same grades, extra curriculars etc.

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    My thoughts are that you would gain more in a year of working than you would doing the LPC. A years worth of work experience in any field will give you a load of experience that you can draw upon in applications and interviews. It could be experience that separates you from another person with the same grades, extra curriculars etc.
    Thank you so much for your response, that's really helpful and you have a great point. Thank you! 😊

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Does anyone know if completing the LPC before applying for a vacation scheme/training contract could make it easier to get one?

I ask this because my uni offers an MLAW course that people can do so instead of graduating this year, it’ll be next year but with the LPC qualification.

I don’t want to stay another year but I also don’t want to graduate and not have anything lined up. At the same time I don’t want to spend a year and get the LPC then I am unable to find a VS/TC or QWE so it means I have wasted a year? or should I just spend the time after graduation, working and trying to build up some experience? Or study the LPC whilst working (may be a challenge) I’m not sure, I would really like some opinions. Perhaps @Jessica Booker can share her thoughts? 🤍

thank you in advance!😊
    I wouldn’t do the LPC - it’s shelf life is now really months rather than years and it’s an expensive way to get an SQE1 exemption. Doing the SQE is likely to serve you better long term than the LPC.

• 🏆
    Reactions: newtothis and Sunshinepink

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Does anyone have experience being supported by a law firm through disability that stops them taking too many assessments in one day? Please pm me if you’re happy to chat? Worried about how and when to disclose that six hour in-person ACs are too much for me without seeming like I wouldn’t be able to handle the job.
    Hi, I've sent a PM about this but technology seems to be failing. If you still want to talk about this but you haven't received my message, lmk and I'll resend :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.