TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abii

Legendary Member
Junior Lawyer
Feb 1, 2021
Can a law student please explain to me in manageable terms what is meant by ‘the legal test’ and how you use ‘the legal test’ to write your essays?
I’ve done three law degrees (undergrad a masters and the LPC MSc) and have no idea what you mean by ‘the legal test’. Can you elaborate or give some further context?

tofu

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2022
seeing a lot of vac scheme offers in this forum recently so congrats to all the offer holders!! but also wanted to share the not so great news: received mishcon PFO post-VI (2 days ago), CMS PFO post-VI today, Freshfields TC PFO post-application (even though i did the vac scheme AC last year), and very likely baker and latham spring scheme PFO (no news but ACs are over). with that im officially out of this cycle’s application but i just wanted to leave with one note that if you’re facing rejections, you’re not alone! keep pressing on and rmb that rejection is redirection :)

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    Heyy congratulations!! When did you complete the written exercise? Its been over a week since i did it and havent heard back yet
    Hi!! Thank you and sorry for the late response - I think I completed it on the 9th, but I have heard a looot of people say that they waited three weeks to hear back so I think I just got lucky...Fingers crossed for us both!!

bartoszka121

Jan 23, 2023
    Does anyone know what WFW's process is post AC? I've seen someone get an offer for a Spring VS & everyone else that I've spoken to (summer or no preference) hasn't heard back. I'm not sure if this is because they have 30 spaces per scheme so it might take a while or they're waiting to hear back from the successful candidates before they send out PFOs.
    I’m also awaiting a response post AC. I feel like they will send out PFOs end of next week.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.