TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

futureTS2025hopeful

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 23, 2020
I mean I haven't ever done it, but surely if they have replied that's a good thing. Also, it will probably make you seem considerate, which cannot be a bad thing.

If the partner did not want to reply, they just wouldn't have done so!
Is it a bad sign that the partner responded to your thank you email after an interview?

I feel like that's an easy way for them to reject me?
@Jessica Booker do you have any thoughts on this? am i over-thinking because it seems with all the thank you emails i sent and the partner hadn't replied, i've been successful. But this instance both partners replied with a nice email. do you think they were trying to fob me off?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker do you have any thoughts on this? am i over-thinking because it seems with all the thank you emails i sent and the partner hadn't replied, i've been successful. But this instance both partners replied with a nice email. do you think they were trying to fob me off?
It doesn’t mean anything more than they are being polite.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
What I would do if I received negative feedback from a client that told a partner they didnt want me to work on it regardless of the quality of results i produced
@Jessica Booker any idea how to answer this one ? X
My focus would be on what you could do to potentially build trust/a relationship back up with the client. If it’s not about the quality of your work, then it is potentially something fixable as it’s about the perception of who you are rather than the work you are doing.

Reactions: newtothis

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi Jessica, could you please advise re what I should do? 🥹
It really depends how long you have been waiting. But just email them if you are concerned. Graduate Recruitment teams are always dealing with these type of queries - it isn’t an issue to ask unless you are being very unreasonable with timeframes (eg chasing up days after the last stage was completed).

di

Star Member
Sep 27, 2022
@Jessica Booker I would really appreciate it if you have any thoughts on this.
I did an AC with a partner and sonior associate interview (CV blind). On the day after I was offered the VS. A couple days after the interview, the senior associate reached out to me (no idea how they got my email) and encouraged me to accept the offer saying the interview has been one of the strongest they have seen. The offered to have a call with me as well.
Do you think this means anything or do they tend to do it to people?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
@Jessica Booker I would really appreciate it if you have any thoughts on this.
I did an AC with a partner and sonior associate interview (CV blind). On the day after I was offered the VS. A couple days after the interview, the senior associate reached out to me (no idea how they got my email) and encouraged me to accept the offer saying the interview has been one of the strongest they have seen. The offered to have a call with me as well.
Do you think this means anything or do they tend to do it to people?
Take it as a compliment.

The associate clearly feels there is something particularly compelling about you to do this - it won’t be something all firms do and even within a firm, not all interviewers will do it.

It might be a bit of a sales tactic if trey think you might turn down the offer for other firms, but take this as an opportunity no matter what your decision is - I would be taking the opportunity of the call as there is bound to be something you can gain, even if it is just more knowledge or feedback, from having the conversation with the associate.

Reactions: di

Aspiringtc

Mar 11, 2023
Mofo vac scheme offer!! This is my 2nd application cycle with countless rejections but you only need one offer! To anyone reading this you have got this keep your hopes up you only get better with time and practice <3
Congratsss that’s amazing!! I’ve got my interview soon & in my 3rd cycle - do you have any particular tips for MoFo? Well done again :)

Reactions: SuccessfulSolicitor
Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.