TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

average_jo123

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 11, 2021
Hi was wondering if anyone could offer thoughts about taking a day off from my summer vac scheme to attend my own graduation and how I should go about this conversation with grad rec? I'm personally not too fussed about being able to make it to my graduation so if this isn't possible I'm okay with it but I think my parents would want to be there.

Just wasn't too sure how taking leave from vac scheme would work.

UnTCSilVousPlait

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 4, 2021
    any idea what the % is like for Trowers?
    Look at the Get Hired section on this page. You might get a fair idea — it's not foolproof though since numbers can change year to year.

It seems like the firm offers 25 TCs annually across all offices and 48 vac scheme positions. But apparently they also have a direct TC route so it's not a straightforward 25/48 probability. Slightly less than that but it's nearly impossible to say by how much.

mmm918

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jun 22, 2022
    I emailed CRS and their reply as follows:

"We are almost there and thanks for your patience as we are a small team.

The assessment centres will be held in the 4th week in May so we should have plenty of time to arrange everything if we are able to offer you a place on the assessment centre.

Thanks for your patience and have a great weekend!"

Hope it helps!

• 🤝
    Reactions: 157gg and Phoebe123451

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi was wondering if anyone could offer thoughts about taking a day off from my summer vac scheme to attend my own graduation and how I should go about this conversation with grad rec? I'm personally not too fussed about being able to make it to my graduation so if this isn't possible I'm okay with it but I think my parents would want to be there.

Just wasn't too sure how taking leave from vac scheme would work.
    Either call or email the graduate recruitment team to talk about it. They will have been asked this before.

Just be willing to say that you are happy to make the time up over the rest of the scheme but you are aware there might be important vacation scheme aspects happening on that day which you wouldn’t want to miss, and so wanted to get their thoughts as to whether there is any possibility to take that day off.

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    Mine is nearly ending too, with no VS offers so far :(

Does anyone know what you do if you have not received a VS offer during second year of University? Do you try again third year?
    Yep! Don't be too stressed.

I was late in the game and only started applying late in my 2nd year. Didn't get anything, but tried again this year (final year) and secured two magic circle firm VS.

Take every advantage of any applications for penultimate year insight schemes before you start your third year and go to as many open days as possible. I went to 7 open days from October 2022 - February 2023.

Goodluck!

a2931

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Nov 1, 2022
    I was late in the game and only started applying late in my 2nd year. Didn't get anything, but tried again this year (final year) and secured two magic circle firm VS.

Take every advantage of any applications for penultimate year insight schemes before you start your third year and go to as many open days as possible. I went to 7 open days from October 2022 - February 2023.

Goodluck!
    Hey, which firms did you find that had penultimate year insight schemes? It’d be really helpful to know ☺️☺️

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.