TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

ola830

Star Member
Jan 9, 2021
Hi @Jessica Booker - could you please shed some light about a written case study assessment which takes the form of a business report? Could you please explain what recruiters would be looking for, if there is any specific form the business report should follow and any tips? Based on your experience, it would be great if you could also flag any pitfalls that we should try and avoid. Thank you!
HI @Jessica Booker - grateful for your thoughts on this.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Do people know if W&C call initially (either to accept or reject you)? Or do they get in contact by email?
    Has anyone who did their AC in the 17th-21st April week got either an offer or a rejection yet?

Also, does W&C generally send offers before rejections? It's been more than 4 weeks, so I'm wondering if I should assume it's been a rejection

jess_does_law

Jan 10, 2022
    Has anyone who did their AC in the 17th-21st April week got either an offer or a rejection yet?

Also, does W&C generally send offers before rejections? It's been more than 4 weeks, so I'm wondering if I should assume it's been a rejection
    Still nothing here :( I know they took a while for the last batch so I still don't think it's worth assuming the worst yet, but equally idk what to think

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021

The fact none of us have heard yet is somewhat reassuring (unless they’ve already handed out offers 😬) They did say 1-2 weeks so I’d like to hope it’s soon as it’s been over 4 weeks for many now and they’ve been done for a while. Feel like I’m just constantly refreshing emails at this stage.

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    The fact none of us have heard yet is somewhat reassuring (unless they’ve already handed out offers 😬) They did say 1-2 weeks so I’d like to hope it’s soon as it’s been over 4 weeks for many now and they’ve been done for a while. Feel like I’m just constantly refreshing emails at this stage.
    I've heard about two offers so far, one person's AC was before the 17th-21st week and one person's was after. But none in that week so far :( They've started sending rejections for the week before 17th-21st though, so hopefully they're getting to outcomes for my week soon too. But I'm honestly just not sure what to expect anymore, especially since they've already given an offer to someone who's AC was after mine! So I was just wondering if they have any offers left to give or the remaining outcomes are rejections only :(

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    I've heard about two offers so far, one person's AC was before the 17th-21st week and one person's was after. But none in that week so far :( They've started sending rejections for the week before 17th-21st though, so hopefully they're getting to outcomes for my week soon too. But I'm honestly just not sure what to expect anymore, especially since they've already given an offer to someone who's AC was after mine! So I was just wondering if they have any offers left to give or the remaining outcomes are rejections only :(
    Let’s hope so - at this point I just want to hear either way so I stop thinking about it, but getting less hopeful the longer it goes on ☹️ For the person who got the offer, when was their AC and when did they hear? If they heard within the 1-2 week time frame they said, that doesn’t fill me with loads of confidence :(

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    Let’s hope so - at this point I just want to hear either way so I stop thinking about it, but getting less hopeful the longer it goes on ☹️ For the person who got the offer, when was their AC and when did they hear? If they heard within the 1-2 week time frame they said, that doesn’t fill me with loads of confidence :(
    Hahahaha same! One person heard within two weeks, and the other heard in a little more than two weeks. They both heard back on the same day though, and I haven't heard of any other offers since then.

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Hahahaha same! One person heard within two weeks, and the other heard in a little more than two weeks. They both heard back on the same day though, and I haven't heard of any other offers since then.
    So one was a rejection and one was an offer? Seems like they’re just doing it in batches, especially seeing as there were a load of March ones where offers/rejections have already been handed out. Have to just wait and see but constantly checking my email and TCLA to see updates for other people really isn’t what I want to be doing with myself for the next few weeks 😭

Reactions: IT7

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Hopefully they follow up on what they said in the email you got, would be great to hear back now we’re only about a month away!
    I’m hopeful, but the fact they said 1-2 weeks and it’s now 4 still doesn’t fill me with much confidence! Exactly though, finding somewhere to stay in London and arrange transport with only a month’s notice really doesn’t seem too reasonable!

IT7

Esteemed Member
  • Jun 23, 2021
    So one was a rejection and one was an offer? Seems like they’re just doing it in batches, especially seeing as there were a load of March ones where offers/rejections have already been handed out. Have to just wait and see but constantly checking my email and TCLA to see updates for other people really isn’t what I want to be doing with myself for the next few weeks 😭
    True hahaha :( There were two offers and one rejection so far, from what I heard. One offer and rejection were from ACs on the same day, and the person with the offer heard back before. The other offer was from an AC the week after 17th-21st. That's all I know so far tbh :(

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    If a firm sets a test during a VS (eg. WG, verbal reasoning, etc), would it be game over if you messed up the test? I'm a bit concerned as although I've never failed one before, I think the pressure of completing one in a law firm's office would get to me. @Jessica Booker any thoughts would be appreciated :)
    Typically you will need to perform to a certain level in these tests. There is likely to be a minimum threshold and then anything above that will be weighed up against over evidence of your capabilities from what you have done as a vac schemer.

• ℹ️
    Reactions: HopefulFutureTrainee123
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.