Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Also, this thread is sadly dead now... I remember back in Feb where there were 10 posts every minute :(
    Yes it's sad! But it happens every year as many people go away for summer/focus on exams - and I find it's quite nice to have a smaller community here to interact with during these months.

It'll be back like this from September and it can be hard to keep up with everything!

Samridhi Jain

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Feb 18, 2022
    Hi, has anyone heard back from Links for their winter vac scheme? The deadline was 22nd June so I was wondering how many days they typically take to get back about the info on AC? :)

Asil Ahmad

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
  • Mar 29, 2020
    Has anyone been successful in passing the application stage for NRF with not having a 2.1 in Contract Law and in Tort Law. I did not get a 2.1 in either of them but have mitigating circumstances so don't know if I should apply or not.

hannah04

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2023
    I sent a thank you email to all the 4 people who interviewed me for my TC interview at the end of my VS. It's been a week and not a single one of them responded to my thank you email - is this a bad sign or just normal? @Jessica Booker or anyone else have any insight?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I sent a thank you email to all the 4 people who interviewed me for my TC interview at the end of my VS. It's been a week and not a single one of them responded to my thank you email - is this a bad sign or just normal? @Jessica Booker or anyone else have any insight?
    Very normal. It’s fine for you to send a thank you but it’s very normal for people to not respond to that.

I know it may seem impolite but they are dealing with hundreds of emails a day and responding is not going to be a priority. They most likely forwarded it to graduate recruitment for reference, who are not responding until they have an update on your interviews. Many interviewers won’t respond too because they might know the the outcome from the interviews yet too.

NJS

Legendary Member
  • Aug 21, 2021
    I just got my feedback for Browne Jacobson TI and I scored 13 out of a max of 15 yet still didn't get to the next stage!

They could have left out some other details but I am guessing there were many who did well so make sure you ace every single question.
    Ah I did mine on Friday, when did you do yours and was the feedback over the phone? have not heard anything back yet.

hannah04

Legendary Member
    Jan 9, 2023
    How long after a vacation scheme is it typical to hear back about the TC offer or rejection? The firm I did mine at said it could be up to 2 months, but do people usually hear back sooner?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    How long after a vacation scheme is it typical to hear back about the TC offer or rejection? The firm I did mine at said it could be up to 2 months, but do people usually hear back sooner?
    Sometimes people do hear back quicker: but depends on a whole range of factors that differ from firm to firm. For instance, if your firm runs multiple vacation schemes, it is not unreasonable for them to wait until all of them have concluded before offering people.

I wouldn’t worry about what other firms do - I would just focus on what your firm(s) have said.

Reactions: LS_1998
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.