Gold Member
Premium Member
May 15, 2022

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    for those who are doing cc vi for their tc, I think the 3rd question might cover a personality type of q cuz they already sort of ask a motivational (ish) and a competency q so it might be smt like 'where do you see yourself in 5 years??' type, idk im grasping at straws at this point

Reactions: futurelegallyblonde

Seven

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    May 15, 2022
    why does goodwin ask for details of other firms you are applying for? should i list all of them?
    I imagine they’re trying to assess whether you’re being strategic with firms that you’re applying to, rather than just applying to firms on a whim (with no real interest in the firm other than to get a TC). It’ll be looked at positively I guess if you’re applying to firms that are similar to them.

Reactions: lawyerletsgo

CallumJR

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 16, 2020
    for those who are doing cc vi for their tc, I think the 3rd question might cover a personality type of q cuz they already sort of ask a motivational (ish) and a competency q so it might be smt like 'where do you see yourself in 5 years??' type, idk im grasping at straws at this point
    Having completed the VI, I would suggest you prepare your greatest achievement / went extra mile / innovative idea
    (these are not the actual VI Q but a good preparation for the actual VI)

Percypig12

Valued Member
    Oct 19, 2021
    Was about to sit HSF's SJT and was wondering if anyone had a link to their core values please? Perhaps @axelbeugre may have them? I've found "human, bold and outstanding" on their website, so are those just the three they have?
    Having passed it recently I don't think you need to focus on the firm's values. Rather, I would focus on general attributes that make a successful trainee e.g. are you committed to putting out great work product, are you a team player, are you sensible about managing competing priorities etc.

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Having passed it recently I don't think you need to focus on the firm's values. Rather, I would focus on general attributes that make a successful trainee e.g. are you committed to putting out great work product, are you a team player, are you sensible about managing competing priorities etc.
    Thank you! I've done the practice test, but is there anything else you would advise? The verbal reasoning seems relatively standard.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.