TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Apple

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jul 23, 2023
I am still waiting on the WG for hogan Lovells, I thought you were sent it automatically upon submitting? I submitted my app on the 22nd and still waiting :(
It is not reviewed, so whether you have received it yet or not has no bearing... unless you are concerned about applying fast as its rolling. HL notoriously take a while to send the WG despite it being "automatic"

MrHubertLouis

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Aug 5, 2021
I am currently working on Reed Smith’s application and was wondering for the question “Focusing on one of Reed Smith’s sectors, what current issues do you think will impact this sector? What opportunities or challenges could this present Reed Smith or our clients? (300 words)” Do I have to talk about more than one issue? I‘ve picked one issue to dive into and that was already 250 words. I feel like I won’t be able to cover the issue in depth otherwise. Anybody has similar experience or advice?

F12M34L

Legendary Member
  • Apr 28, 2022
    Can someone confirm if these are T&H questions:

Who are our main competitors and how do we differentiate ourselves from them?

What makes you particularly suited to a career at Trowers & Hamlins compared to other applicants?

Describe a recent commercial news story that interested you and explain how it relates to us.

Please tell us about your interests, extra-curricular activities and achievements you're particularly proud of.

Reactions: 19.mfjones and Marissa

Amehta1

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
  • Nov 4, 2023
    For Kennedys are you eligible to apply for the training contract if you are in second year ? I’m only asking because it is asking me when and where I attend to complete the SQE when I was under the impression that this was something that firms provide help with themselves? Thanks for the help.

Xx123_

Dec 21, 2023
    I didn't get a bounce back or anything using the one from their website (I use Gmail). How'd you know it didn't work?
    When I used my iCloud it sent the email to my junk saying the email was invalid. Also people said after your application goes through you’re supposed to get an automated email - I haven’t got that yet, did you? Maybe I should try my gmail instead but wouldn’t that look unprofessional sending multiple emails??

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    When I used my iCloud it sent the email to my junk saying the email was invalid. Also people said after your application goes through you’re supposed to get an automated email - I haven’t got that yet, did you? Maybe I should try my gmail instead but wouldn’t that look unprofessional sending multiple emails??
    Explain you had a bounce back and so you are sending again, just in case.

dms21

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 6, 2023
    Has anyone had experience with Flex for paralegal positions? I'm hesitant to go through another agency interview process only to end up without any job offers. I previously interviewed with Accutrainee to be a paralegal, but they haven't had any job opportunities for me in months.
    I applied with them back in September/ October and the whole application process took several weeks (interview + tests + visa check) and I have not heard back from them since. If anyone has heard back from them please do let me know!

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    I am currently working on Reed Smith’s application and was wondering for the question “Focusing on one of Reed Smith’s sectors, what current issues do you think will impact this sector? What opportunities or challenges could this present Reed Smith or our clients? (300 words)” Do I have to talk about more than one issue? I‘ve picked one issue to dive into and that was already 250 words. I feel like I won’t be able to cover the issue in depth otherwise. Anybody has similar experience or advice?
    I decided to focus on only one issue as like you said, I don’t think you can really explore anymore than one in depth if you want to hit all aspects of the question.

I did a paragraph setting out the issue and why it mattered to me personally, a second explaining the issue/how it’ll impact the chosen sector in depth/then a final paragraph laying out the challenges this will pose :)

Reactions: MrHubertLouis

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.