Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know how to calculate UCAS points when you have studied overseas in Europe?
UCAS points are only really in place for UK recognised qualifications. Trying to calculate UCAS points outside of these is pretty difficult to do consistently, but one way to do it is to find a law course at a UK university that matches the firm's UCAS points requirement and see if they also provide what grades you would need to get into the same course with your qualifications.

• 🏆
Reactions: MrHubertLouis and S87

S87

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Sep 4, 2018
UCAS points are only really in place for UK recognised qualifications. Trying to calculate UCAS points outside of these is pretty difficult to do consistently, but one way to do it is to find a law course at a UK university that matches the firm's UCAS points requirement and see if they also provide what grades you would need to get into the same course with your qualifications.
You are an angel @Jessica Booker and happy new year!

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
I've decided to apply to Kirkland & Ellis next year lol, I feel nowhere near ready to just dive into private equity exclusively yet 😅 Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Posting this to get validation that I'm making the right choice since no one in my family understands what I'm blabbing on about
I did exactly the same. Was planning to apply to the firm but just didn’t feel my private equity knowledge was there, nor is it an overriding interest at this stage. Applications take time, energy, and effort, even more so over the Christmas/New Year period, so I’ve only applied to firms I like and could genuinely see myself at. You’ve made the right choice :)

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    I've decided to apply to Kirkland & Ellis next year lol, I feel nowhere near ready to just dive into private equity exclusively yet 😅 Happy New Year's Eve everyone! Posting this to get validation that I'm making the right choice since no one in my family understands what I'm blabbing on about
    Was in the same position but decided last minute to send an app, no mention of PE at all though! Likely a pfo but we'll see

mckelly

Valued Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 19, 2020
    Anyone who was looking to apply for Shearman - just checked their website (not AllHires) and now only the spring VS is advertised for. This is de facto confirmation that their summer vac scheme will no longer be going ahead, contrary to earlier information given

• Wow
    Reactions: Sharon Wu

Apple

Esteemed Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jul 23, 2023
    Anyone who was looking to apply for Shearman - just checked their website (not AllHires) and now only the spring VS is advertised for. This is de facto confirmation that their summer vac scheme will no longer be going ahead, contrary to earlier information given
    so do I need to reapply if I applied for summer?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.