TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

LegallyBrown

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
  • Jun 20, 2023
    What would you guys do when allhires has deleted an entire work experience that you included in a submitted application? I checked three times before sending my application, but from now on, I will take screenshots before sending my applications out! @Jessica Booker any suggestions? I am not even angry because I cannot change things, but I think that the system needs to be fixed!
    I’d definitely email the firm and ask that it be included. Dependent on their resource and ATS platform, they should be able to make a note of it when reading your application.

Personally, the same thing happened to me with Vantage. Unfortunately, it was the experience I was most proud of - so I emailed the firm with the experience and its respective dates. They took it into account.

I don’t think there’s a risk of it looking bad either, as that same firm went on to invite me to an AC.

So don’t worry too much about it.

If you find it’s happening across numerous applications. I’d flag it with the AllHires - maybe there is a bug on their end that needs looking into x

Erspencer

Aug 4, 2023
    Congrats! Hope it goes well for you :)

How did you find the VI? And If you don’t mind me asking, what were the questions? I’m doing mine tomorrow. Thanks
    So I can’t disclose the questions (rules of the forum) but I would say just prep competency answers and go think about different examples you could use for key skills like time management, responsibility etc
    Good luck!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

desperateTCseeker1998

Valued Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 1, 2023
    Exposing myself for being last minute but does anyone know if you can apply for both the spring and summer vacation schemes at Milbank? It lets you tick both boxes and doesn’t say anywhere on the website that you can’t but usually firms only let you apply for 1 or have it as a 1st/2nd choice scenario

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    I genuinely loved my Reed Smith app. I thought it was one of my best this cycle but havent heard back🥲
    I'm in the exact same position, I applied 28 December off the top of my head and haven't heard back and seen people who applied after who have 😭

Ah well, until it's a PFO, it's not a PFO, so have to maintain faith.

sibs23

Legendary Member
    Jan 15, 2021
    idk man, I applied end of December and not heard back... not looking good for me :/

Anyone else not heard back from Reed Smtih about VI?
    Oh gosh 🙁 Hope you hear soon. I know it’s not ideal, but I’ve had some success with last min apps before so figured it would be worth a try. Like some others have said on here, the deadline is the deadline for a reason 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 19.mfjones

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Oh gosh 🙁 Hope you hear soon. I know it’s not ideal, but I’ve had some success with last min apps before so figured it would be worth a try. Like some others have said on here, the deadline is the deadline for a reason 🤷🏻‍♀️
    I 100% agree. Even when it's a rolling deadline, it's worth sending in an application one minute before the deadline if you can. Of course, you'd rather have got it in sooner, but there will be people who have done last minute applications and landed TCs.

At the end of the day, if you submit a last-minute application, you give yourself a chance. If you don't, you don't. That's how I view it anyway.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.