TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

ohnoselim

Esteemed Member
Dec 21, 2023
For the question: “why do you want to pursue a career as a solicitor at X”, do you need to go into why law and why the firm or just focus on the firm?
I would tie in both, show your commitment to the law and how that led you to apply to the firm. Your reasons for why you'd apply to a firm might overlap with your own motivations.

CallumJR

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 16, 2020
Trowers test invite. I sent my application in at 23:54 last night. Surely this is automatic?

Unless it pings up that I’m a previous interviewee (from all the way back in 2017) and that caught their attention?
same for me - I sent in a last minute application.

Could not find any information about the test / application process in their brochure.

iz1

Jan 5, 2024
Also, regarding Freshfields, does anyone know why they review applications in batches? Surely without looking at all of the applications they can't be certain if someone is 'worthy' of a WG/AC invite compared to all the other applicants

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.