TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

mfuturetrainee

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 21, 2021
    Guys if you botch one VI question COMPLETELY (I literally apologised midway through!!!), but think you did okay in the other questions, is it an instant PFO 😭😭💔
    if it makes u feel better, jus to add onto that simmons horror story I was answering a q and got half way and realised I was waffling and told grad rec its ok u can reject me I get it (I had a really long day)

yeezyee

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Dec 8, 2023
    Gibson Dunn is soo weird, I still haven't heard anything and it has been soo long. During the time, there have been PFOs and full-blown vac scheme offers. Starting to think they forgot to reject me lol
    they still havent closed their applications, so the fact they havent rejected you is probably a good sign! it means you're still in the running. dont give up hope quite yet mate!

Reactions: futuretrainee2024

Sharon Wu

Esteemed Member
    Oct 27, 2023
    if it makes u feel better, jus to add onto that simmons horror story I was answering a q and got half way and realised I was waffling and told grad rec its ok u can reject me I get it (I had a really long day)
    To add onto that, I once did a video interview with Latham years ago, the question was around, 'tell us about a deal we have done that interested you'... of course I was in my first year of uni and had no idea about how to prepare. I had no idea. I fell off my chair in slow motion on purpose and exited the VI once the countdown had finished...

GWJlaw

Star Member
    Nov 6, 2023
    To add onto that, I once did a video interview with Latham years ago, the question was around, 'tell us about a deal we have done that interested you'... of course I was in my first year of uni and had no idea about how to prepare. I had no idea. I fell off my chair in slow motion on purpose and exited the VI once the countdown had finished...
    I am quite literally laughing out loud ahahahahaha.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    How do you answer a question about a law firm’s position/place in the legal market? I would appreciate any tips! @axelbeugre
    Hey @allwillbewell,

I would highlight their strengths in terms of practice areas and the nature of the deals and cases they work on, their clients, the number of international offices. These are some of the things I would discuss and emphasise. You could also talk about rankings, emphasising the number one practices the firm is known for for instance.

I hope that is helpful and good luck!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.