TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

bella98

Legendary Member
  • Mar 9, 2023
    Reed Smith VI!! 🥹 🥹 Finally, firms are getting back to me, which is a relief! Yesterday, I was feeling quite demotivated after dedicating so much time to those applications. I was worried that my efforts might have been in vain, especially after noticing that VIs were already being sent out.

Any insights would be highly appreciated - please PM me as I need your help

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    I got invited to do the Reed Smith test + VI today (I cried a little because I applied in December and was getting VI & WG's from other firms that I applied to afterwards) - for those who have already completed it, how was it & is it just the standard 'why & tell me a time' questions?

Please PM if necessary, I would like to be really prepared. @axelbeugre do you have any tips please? :)

J53

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 12, 2024
    I just gave the Addleshaw test and I am traumatised!!!!!!!!!! what even was that??? Is there anyone whose test actually went well?
    I had a read through the design of the test and its not like a standard WG, the difficulty of the test changes depending on how well you are doing, ie it gets harder if you got the previous answers correct. Don't worry about it, if you get it, well done, if you don't, onto the next firm.

EliteWhovian

Legendary Member
  • Dec 8, 2022
    That Addleshaw test got me like

Math Reaction GIF by Travis

Complete dumpster fire

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.