TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

ljms

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2024
What does this mean?

“Please note, both the assessment and the video interview are monitored to ensure each candidate completes it independently and unaided.”

How can they be monitored? Sounds ominous.

The email also suggests having a calculator for the video interview… why?

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    What does this mean?

“Please note, both the assessment and the video interview are monitored to ensure each candidate completes it independently and unaided.”

How can they be monitored? Sounds ominous.

The email also suggests having a calculator for the video interview… why?
    Probably record us throughout the test. like what simmons and other firms do.

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    This is in a practice test btw, interested to know how people would answer it:

Would regulating arms exports promote world peace?

No; allowing countries to export arms supports their economy, and countries with prospering economies rarely initiate wars.

My answer would be a strong argument, but it is weak. & I do not understand why it is weak.

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    I completed my VI a month ago and its been silence since.
    when i applied for WVS i got a PFO 2 days later saying i did not meet the benchmark. if you have not heard then you most likely passed benchmark for test just need to review your VI answers :)

I also have an app with them now and have not heard so assumed i have passed test benchmark.

Sunshinepink

Legendary Member
  • Feb 1, 2023
    when i applied for WVS i got a PFO 2 days later saying i did not meet the benchmark. if you have not heard then you most likely passed benchmark for test just need to review your VI answers :)

I also have an app with them now and have not heard so assumed i have passed test benchmark.
    Your answer has also helped me, thank you for this!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Sharon Wu and Legalstalker

J53

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Jan 12, 2024
    This is in a practice test btw, interested to know how people would answer it:

Would regulating arms exports promote world peace?

No; allowing countries to export arms supports their economy, and countries with prospering economies rarely initiate wars.

My answer would be a strong argument, but it is weak. & I do not understand why it is weak.
    My guess would be that yes the countries who sell the weapons won't initiate wars, there's no mention of the countries who buy the weapons, and if a country is freely buying weapons, would that necessarily promote world peace?

sxw517

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    My guess would be that yes the countries who sell the weapons won't initiate wars, there's no mention of the countries who buy the weapons, and if a country is freely buying weapons, would that necessarily promote world peace?
    Yes, agreed, upon reading it for the umpteenth time, I realise its weak, as it relies upon a simplified causal relationship between arms exports, economic prosperity, and the likelihood of war.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.