TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

ADKM

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 2, 2022
out of curiosity have any international students gotten to the next stage here? i.e. past the initial written online application stage.
🤚passed app stage thrice in this cycle. how are you doing with your applications? I didn’t pass application stage for any firms in my first cycle

atlas2425

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Nov 22, 2023
🤚passed app stage thrice in this cycle. how are you doing with your applications? I didn’t pass application stage for any firms in my first cycle
Nice! This is my first cycle and have passed only once so far, with 7 rejections and 7 more pending. Thinking to apply to more to increase my chances. This process can be very demoralising though.

legallybrunette8

Esteemed Member
Sep 9, 2023
Nice! This is my first cycle and have passed only once so far, with 7 rejections and 7 more pending. Thinking to apply to more to increase my chances. This process can be very demoralising though.
hey! i've applied to 10 firms (atm) and passed the app stage for all except 1 - i did get 3 rejections so far tho and still waiting for the rest, but i do understand how demoralising it can be especially as an international student. it literally feels like your future is entirely dependent on getting an acceptance along with time/visa constraints

futuretrainee2024

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 2, 2022
    don't worry too much. It's completely normal! Anyone who's received a TC can tell you they received loads of rejections before one said yes. you've got this!

atlas2425

Star Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 22, 2023
    hey! i've applied to 10 firms (atm) and passed the app stage for all except 1 - i did get 3 rejections so far tho and still waiting for the rest, but i do understand how demoralising it can be especially as an international student. it literally feels like your future is entirely dependent on getting an acceptance along with time/visa constraints
    That's great! Wishing you the best of luck 🙏 yes it's very stressful but have to keep pushing through, it just takes one acceptance.

• 🤝
    • 🏆
    Reactions: legallybrunette8 and legallyells

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.