TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    HFW PFO. applied 12th Jan
    You should always stay humble but cant say I'm not surprised. I thought my app was really strong considering I made it past app stage for other shipping firms. Was my application too late? or was the quality not enough compared to other applicants
    Agreed my application was pretty strong and I literally work on a maritime project at work doing contractual agreements and purchasing!!😭

(I applied November)

Pennine Valley

Esteemed Member
    Nov 18, 2023
    HFW PFO. applied 12th Jan
    You should always stay humble but cant say I'm not surprised. I thought my app was really strong considering I made it past app stage for other shipping firms. Was my application too late? or was the quality not enough compared to other applicants
    People on this form had already done AC's with HFW tbf

VacayScheme

Distinguished Member
    Nov 14, 2023
    Has anybody got any experience requesting to be moved to a different scheme to the one offered (i.e. firm has two summer schemes, you're offered scheme A but can only do Scheme B)? Do firms usually allow you to change, or should I expect a no?

Reactions: axelbeugre

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Has anybody got any experience requesting to be moved to a different scheme to the one offered (i.e. firm has two summer schemes, you're offered scheme A but can only do Scheme B)? Do firms usually allow you to change, or should I expect a no?
    This will depend on a whole set of variable factors no one knows but the graduate recruitment team.

Ask them whether it is possible to move - there is absolutely no harm in doing so.

Reactions: VacayScheme

Petallove1

Legendary Member
    Feb 8, 2023
    It's a post-app PFO from Mishcon at this point, isn't it?
    Honestly I feel the same. I've been waiting for ages to hear about VI now. Bit disappointed as I made it onto open day this cycle which they said was super competitive this year and hoped that would boost my application with firm engagement. I guess open days are ofc never a guarantee but thought it would help at least get a VI! I'm hoping its just taking them ages to get through apps...

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.