TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2023-24

Legalstalker

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 9, 2023
    Test was honestly quite long I thought! Bit more of a rigorous maths section than other tests but still doable in my opinion. Don’t believe it was automatic as the email said: We are pleased to confirm that you have been successful in getting through to the next stage of the process.

Honestly my tip for the questions is just don’t overthink them, I applied about 10 days ago and just trusted my gut and it seemed to work haha
    oo amazing! thanks for the break down. might attempt to submit this evening.

Reactions: EllaClayton

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    I applied to the Latham Summer VS close to opening and have had no update/holding emails at all, and cannot even find an acknowledgement email from then. The system confirms I have made an application though. Little worried. Have heard nothing at all
    You might want to contact graduate recruitment and see if they received the application or not. It might be that they have not received it or they are still going through the applications received.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    Linklaters PFO post AC.. I have another AC tomorrow but got the call today and I'm feeling so gutted I can't think straight. How do I let this PFO go and focus on my next AC? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, am feeling quite disheartened right now. 😥
    I am genuinely sorry for how you feel and I totally understand that this rejection has been painful for you. Unfortunately this happens often and I want you to remember that it has nothing to do with who you are or your skills, abilities and strengths.

I think it is important to remember that so many different factors go into the application process and interviews, and most of the time it is not something you have done or how you presented yourself. The way interviews are assessed, very often, has little to do with you and I think that we tend to forget that.

However, if anything, this is an opportunity for you to reflect on what went wrong and how you can improve the negative aspects of your assessment centre for the next one you have. The fact that you have more than one assessment centre is already an amazing opportunity and you should be extremely proud of yourself.

As cliché as it sounds, rejection is really redirection and it might be that you were just not meant to go to that firm, and it is fine. It will be painful now but you can use the feelings that you have now and channel them into the preparation for the new assessment centre you have, as it is a new opportunity for you to prove yourself and everybody wrong.

As practical steps are concerned, after this rejection I would try to get feedbacks so reflect on what has gone wrong and implement those improved elements in the new assessment centre.

I hope your new assessment centre went better and good luck with your application process!

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Sep 14, 2023
    W&C VI! First positive response this cycle— any advice?
    Congratulations for obtaining the video interview, this is an amazing news!

there are some posts on TCLA from me and Erin that might be helpful, I will include some links here: https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/how-to-prepare-for-a-law-firm-video-interview-a-step-by-step-guide-⭐️.8346/ and https://www.thecorporatelawacademy....ns-discussion-thread-2023-24.8037/post-151491

I hope these are helpful and good luck with the assessment!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.